GCP question

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

warminwinter
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
GCP question

Post by warminwinter » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:50 pm

A group of 14 of us will be visiting our first time, Arriving Feb 10 staying a week. We have been absorbing all we can on this forum. The question I have has to do with lounger’s around pool or on beach. I have read that GCP has tried to keep people from saving lounger’s. Other posts I have read, mentions that a lot of lounger’s are saved with no one in them. With 14 of us any recommendations on how to sit together if we want, and or do you know if they stopped people from saving lounger’s.

Thanks, Warminwinter

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Know E's
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Know E's » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:44 pm

People always try to save them, even though you aren't supposed to. There are plenty of loungers. There are usually stacks of unused ones. I would just go get a few whenever I needed some. Palapas, however are another story. They are very much coveted. We never rushed to the beach to get one and we never really had a problem, but some days or certain times of the day they might all be occupied. We spent the majority of our stay at the GCP lazing around on the beach in our loungers under our palapa being waited on hand and foot and thoroughly enjoyed it. :D

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:21 pm

The problem with "mob" rule makes it tough to sit all together, and it makes some of the "couples" a little upset when they can't get a seat together because of the crowd trying to take over the resort... we had this problem a couple of times when "groups" would come in and think they owned the resort.... Unforturnately for them, it was also a week where there were a lot of "repeaters" staying that week... So we banned together and spoke with management as well as the "provider" of the group vacation, and things went much smoother from that point on that is for sure... everybody wants to have a good time, and everybody wants to have fun, and meet other people, but you have to do it with courtesy as well... We have been coming here for almost 10 years now... and it just gets a little tougher each and every year... they have been trying to crack down some on the "saving of chairs" because some people will get out there at 4 am when they get in from the bars, save chairs and the crash until noon never using their chairs until 1 or 2... now that is just wrong.. and trust me as a 10 time repeater and spending our 11 vacation there the same time as you, you will see how people can be... usually there isn't a problem saving stuff out on the beach as you can carry some of the extra chairs out where a group of you are at and have a whole area to yourself... something to think about... another thought for you... not all of you are going to be in the loungers at the same time... get a small group of 4 or six together... and swap out... some of you in the pool, some at the bars, some wandering around... something to think about as well...

I am known as Mr Crown... and during your time there you will see me a lot... LOL Welcome to our home away from home, and we will have a cocktail together.....

warminwinter
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by warminwinter » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:53 pm

Thanks for the reply and suggestions, we will look foward to having a cocktail with you.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:52 pm

3 years ago, we were a group of 13 and really didn't have a problem. We were there the end of June and as Tom said, switching out works well. Some of us waded out into the bay and my son was designated cerveza runner. Every 15 min, he would wade back to the Breeze bar and bring back out 4 beers for us guys. I think we had around 6 loungers and we brought along some air matresses for the pool. That give 4-6 others another option if you can't find something on dry land.

Also some of our group opted for off site activities several days ie; horseback riding, ATV and other tours. That relieved some of the pressure around the pool

Just be aware, shade is at a premium there and many a late afternoon I have spent in the shade of the pool bar until tequila volley ball. Most likely you'll find a tent on the beach for shade.

Don't worry, it'll work out.

MEX4EVR
PV Fan
PV Fan

Saving chairs

Post by MEX4EVR » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:35 pm

Look get down ther at 6 am with another from your group and take 14 chairs and several palapas together .If you dont and come down later they will all be reserved .Management doeS nothing about this .Or come down at 10 and find some chairs reserved and take the t shirts or books and take them to the front desk OR THROW THEM IN THE TRASH , when the people show up ...if they show up just say the chairs were like that when you got there.Its your vacation you paid a lot of money if you dont get a little aggressive the chair ghouls will screw you every time .

hAVE fUN

tojol57

Re: Saving chairs

Post by tojol57 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:39 pm

MEX4EVR wrote:Look get down ther at 6 am with another from your group and take 14 chairs and several palapas together .If you dont and come down later they will all be reserved .Management doeS nothing about this .Or come down at 10 and find some chairs reserved and take the t shirts or books and take them to the front desk OR THROW THEM IN THE TRASH , when the people show up ...if they show up just say the chairs were like that when you got there.Its your vacation you paid a lot of money if you dont get a little aggressive the chair ghouls will screw you every time .

hAVE fUN
Now why would you want to stoop to such a level? As a 11 time returning guest, maybe we should have our own private area, and all the first timers get the beach, now what would that solve or resolve... absolutely nothing, but to boldly just toss books, T-shirts etc away because you didn't get your special chair or spot isn't right either. We like our friends that will be there at the same time as us, but we aren't siamese twins and joined at the hip every single minute of the day.... Like my distinguished friend from St. Louis Senor Chuck stated, people will be on tours, go down town, so why grab 14 when four or six by the pool and four or six will do out on the beach...

We did have some "young" ladies who thought they were pretty smart when they threw my 2 - Sandal's jamaican t-shirts away and dished my blue and white towels from the resort because they wanted my spot that i had everyday for almost two weeks... they said oh we found these chairs just like this, YEA RIGHT!!! well later there were over heard by staff on how they got even with Mr and Mrs Crown... not a very bright thing on their part... needless to say they had their one day in glory...

But then again, that is why my wife and i book the 7th floor honeymoon suite, we don't have to worry about chairs all that much, as we have a great view of the resort, the bay, the beach, and our private sun deck, and our private hot tub, etc...

so, don't spoil another persons vacation just because of a lousy lounge chair... it does nobody any good that is for sure...

but then again, that is just my opinion, and you will do what you want to do anyway, whether a repeat guest comments or not right....

welovepv
PV Master
PV Master

Post by welovepv » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:22 am

But then again, that is why my wife and i book the 7th floor honeymoon suite, we don't have to worry about chairs all that much, as we have a great view of the resort, the bay, the beach, and our private sun deck, and our private hot tub, etc...

Stop boasting Tom, I cannot take it!!!! It is months before we go, months I say!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:49 pm

welovepv wrote:

Stop boasting Tom, I cannot take it!!!! It is months before we go, months I say!
Sorry babe... Wish you guys were coming down with us this year... we have got to find time to meet up in KC this summer you know that... haven't see or heard from LittleJon for some time either... wonder how he is doing..... take care catch you later...

MEX4EVR
PV Fan
PV Fan

Saving chairs

Post by MEX4EVR » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:11 pm

Warm in Winter

As I said if you feel the need to sit together better get down early and reserve some chairs , despite what the "regulars" wish the fact is that the resort can't or will not police this and while in a perfect world we would all come down to a nice lounge and palapa people will get up at the crack of dawn and mark chairs and some will never even have the courtesy to show up.As I said its your vacation if you want to be together go down early and reserve your space as for the regulars getting their own space Mr.Crown we all pay the same rate for our rooms and are entitled to the beach as much as the next guest whether you have been their once or eleven times , this problem exists everywhere ,last year in the Dominican our resort actually kept the chairs clear until 7:30 am and then allowed guests to register at the beach club for chairs it was a fair way to do it and seemd to work out all right .When it's a free for all like the GCP as I have said if you want a spot be prepared to get up early and stake out your territory .We will be back at GCP at the end of Feb so if you leave your stuff out and don't sit there be prepared for it to be gone!

caligurl
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Chair Saving

Post by caligurl » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:25 pm

We too are a large group of 30 , we will be at the GCP Feb 11th for seven glorious days .Every year the top sales staff at hubbies company get to go south and this year we are going to PVR. Fourteen people isn't a large number to manage what we do in our group is we have several ladies who are early risers and they take orders for chairs the night before , together we head down around 6am and stake out a large group of chairs together , we only ever take what we need usually around 15- 20 as some of us go shopping or head out on tours but on occasion usually the first day or two its not uncommon for all 30 of us to down there together
We won't be hard to miss we are usually pretty loud so we try and stick to one end of a beach where we won't bother anyone . Apparently we have been given most or all of an upper floor on the ocean view side hope the views are as good as the pictures we have been looking at .Hope to see you all down there , by the way what time do the bars stay open till at the GCP we only have seven days so we are usually all out staying up late and getting up early , we can always recover when we get home .
Thanks for the great information this website has helped a lot .

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:35 pm

I do not mean to sound snotty but I just could not be bothered to be worried about getting a chair..
There is No way I would drag my holidaying butt out of bed to get a chair and I know what Bill would tell me if I asked him to do it..
:evil: :D

I prefer first come first serve..... no saving no hogging.
If no chair is available I just sit on the sand..edge of pool ...brick wall etc..
We have always had more than enough lounge sitting time.
Just my humble

tojol57

Oh Boy

Post by tojol57 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:35 pm

Boy what a can of worms i have opened up here... i can see that we have some very opinionated people about reserving chairs etc... and those of you that are lucky enough to have a company bring them down for sales performance, and yes I pay the same rate you all do, and yes i pay for the honeymoon suite for a reason... to get away from jokers like you...

now to answer the question on the bars... the last bar closes down at midnight... but you can go across the street to the Club Nitro and drink for free until 4 am.... but you also have 24 hr room service to order cervesa all night long.....

see you down around the pool or the beach or the hallways or at dinner or where ever... we will be able to notice you faster since Mod Rules... :twisted: :evil:

caligurl
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Chairs

Post by caligurl » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:38 pm

Bars close at midnight ? we usually just get rolling by then , oh well I guess its back to the rooms and party there . If we have room service available and one floor to ourselves it should work out all right ,can't wait thanks for the help will post when we return AH.(after hangover)

tojol57

Re: Chairs

Post by tojol57 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:48 pm

caligurl wrote:Bars close at midnight ? we usually just get rolling by then , oh well I guess its back to the rooms and party there . If we have room service available and one floor to ourselves it should work out all right ,can't wait thanks for the help will post when we return AH.(after hangover)
If you are a huge group and have a whole floor to yourselves the go across the Street to Club Nitro, that is part of the GCP, and you can party there until you are blue in the face... or grab a taxi and go downtown as that is when the real bars and clubs get rocking and rolling too... remember you can use Club Nitro until like 4 am and that inclused your drinks.... not a problem..... because of the proximity of the bars at the resort (they are all open air bars) and if a huge amount of people that think they have to drink the resort dry on their first night, or have to consume their entire "all-inclusive" package in alcohol, then there would be many other people very unhappy, regulars as well as time-share owners... also you can go two blocks to one of the hottest clubs in Puerto Vallarta - Christine's and party until like 6 am..... it is all up to you on how far you want to crawl home.... but then again that is JMHO,..... 8)

pmm2811
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by pmm2811 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:53 pm

Just my 2 cents! If you notice chairs reserved b-4 10am and the "claimers" aka "hogs" don't show up soon after that tell one of the staff and they will remove the belongings that were left there. A few years ago when we were there they initiated the rule and signs went up saying something like if you reserve a chair early AM and not report to your chair by 10 am your stuff will be removed. This began b/c we and some others we were hanging out with noticed a party of 6 constantly reserving chairs early in the morning and then not even coming to use them until mid afternoon. On one occasion they were bold enough to take the chairs under the shade awning on the south side of the pool next to the pool bar. This really irked people b/c some people can not take the sun all day like some of us can. We didn't have any problem with that as we like the sun but needless to say it is just plain rude. The 1st couple days they WERE reserving the chairs that we would have liked and not using them. On many occasions we will tell someone looking for a chair that they may use ours while we are in the pool b/c we do spend a lot of time in the pool getting out to potty, reapply lotion, have a smoke, something to eat and or drink, etc. There is nothing wrong with saving a chair if you plan to use it but please be kind to others if you are not going to be using it for hours after you reserve it. And btw, the beach is way less a problem getting chairs than at the pool. There seems to many more down there as the pool area is not that big. And another thing, don't forget you can always go next store if there aren't enough chairs to accomodate your party. I'm glad I will not be there when the party of 30 will b/c I'd be having nightmares that they will reserve all the chairs along side the pool and then not show up until 2pm. :roll:

Remember, do unto others as you would have done to yourself!

pmm2811
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by pmm2811 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:59 pm

Tom, my husband and our very good friend will be down there early am of the 16th thru the 24th, your 2nd week. They'll be the 2 rude guys who left their wives at home! LOL! He's been reading every night so let us know where he can find you, he'd like to meet you and your wife and the other repeaters.

Pat

tojol57

pmm2811

Post by tojol57 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:06 pm

excellent suggestions and response to this conversation. Lojo and I were just talking about this again, especially since we will be for two weeks starting this saturday. We usually only get one chair, maybe two depending on how i am feeling that day... i am the one on the move the most, playing water volleyball, water aerobics, water basketball, just swimming around, visiting with guests and staff members... having a fresh cocktail, getting out of the sun either at the breeze bar, the pub bar or the pool bar, i will slip over next door and check on staff and guests over there... sometimes i will be in the activites palapa folding towels, taking dinner reservations, answering questions when one of the staff members need to run to the bano or has to run to fix something etc...

i am hoping that the north side of the pool chairs aren't all saved each day like i feel they are gong to be... but then again, we have our private sun deck up on our veranda of the 7th floor honeymoon suite if all else fails... but as a safe guard, i have already alerted the resort about his thread and how people were over reacting... so this information has already been passed along to activities staffers, security staff, guest relations, as well as management that wander about the resort daily. So right now i am not too worried, but i am sure that the rules will be enforced or will be watched a little more closely these next two weeks... and i do have that in writing from management... :lol: 8)

So everybody come on down, have fun, and enjoy your vacation, but be respectful to others vacations too.... :wink: :lol: 8)

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:10 pm

pmm2811 wrote:Tom, my husband and our very good friend will be down there early am of the 16th thru the 24th, your 2nd week. They'll be the 2 rude guys who left their wives at home! LOL! He's been reading every night so let us know where he can find you, he'd like to meet you and your wife and the other repeaters.

Pat

Hey there Pat, what a guy. I hope they behave while they are there. I doubt it but we will watch out for them. All he has to do is just watch and see... everybody knows Mr and Mrs Crown... and they will point us out... we look forward to meeting him and his buddy then too.... we are always around the pool... i need to get my ISU and Hawkeye Caps for this year too... so if you see a Cyclone or Hawkeye domed guy, that just might be me... or look for the guy with a beer much full of olives (cervesa con ascetunas) can't miss me then... LOL thanks Pat

pmm2811
PV Fan
PV Fan

Tom

Post by pmm2811 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:30 pm

You have a great time and Jeff can ask around. We know some of the staff but not nearly that well. Jeff will remember faces but not necessarily the names that go with them except for a few. I'm excited as if I am going but only b/c I am living through his planning so hopefully when he gets home I can live it through his accounts of what they did and whom they saw. We know Dany is not there anymore but the others are still there. Maybe you'll be able to help him find this restaurant Dany suggested for us for our 25th (that we never made it to cause we discovered long island ice tea's that afternoon on our last day there). Seniorbobo brought us back the address when he was there end of Oct. but no name and even if it had a name we'd probably not be able to pronounce it. LOL!

Have a great trip and just remember how cold it is back here! And thanks for alerting GCP about the potential for chair hogging! I can't remember seeing the signs when we were the early OCT. but then again it wasn't busy and there was no need to reserve. I do recall them putting the signs up as they promised the previous year.

Pat