First timer to Puerto Vallarta!!!!

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

hawaiiantropic
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
First timer to Puerto Vallarta!!!!

Post by hawaiiantropic » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:18 am

I just wanted get some opinions on what a younger couple should do and see while we're at Puerto Vallarta both at the resort and outside of the resort (we're staying at GCP). I'm not looking for clubs or bars or anything like that, I'm sure we can get plenty at the resort! Also, I was wondering if those of you who have been to GCP could tell me if they would be able to help me with a few couple surprises for when we get checked in such as champagne on ice in the room, or flowers, or something of that nature. I know that sounds cheesy and cliche but my boyfriend has been in Iraq and I'm taking him there for his christmas present when he gets back and I want to be able to do something extra to show how much I care. Also, any ideas on something sweet or cute for our trip? Sorry, I know that's a lot of questions, but with him being away for so long I really just want his Christmas present to be absolutely perfect! Thank you all for any and all suggestions! Happy Traveling!
Last edited by hawaiiantropic on Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

BUFFETT 06
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by BUFFETT 06 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:58 am

i would dare to guess that him just being around people that care for him would be perfect enough. i don't know vallarta that well, i'm sure that you will get lots of suggestions, i just think that it is wonderful what you are doing. we all pray for not only his safe return, but the rest of our troops as well.

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:53 pm

the "rythym of the nights" excursion can be pretty romantic. check out the what to do section of this site to get some ideas. talking to people at your hotel will give you good tips also. pv is a great destination, you'll love it.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:18 pm

Well you welcome him home from me, and tell him we are proud of the work he has done for his country, he service, and his family... now that being said... i sent you a PM with some "specific" questions so that i can get a lot of your requests in the proper hands down at the Golden Crown Paradise... I am sure that we can get all your requests covered pretty reasonably too... i think a romantic dinner on the beach served up by the staff from Salvador's resturant there at the resort would make for a wonderful "gift" to your BF too...

but check your messages, and drop me a pm or an email and we will do a lot of the heavy leg work for you, or get you in touch with all the right people at the resort.....

trust me... :wink: :lol: 8)

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:36 pm

Cheesy and cliche? For a welcome back from Iraq? Not at all. Sounds wonderful. P.V. is absolutely full of romance, what a great way to come back to the World.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:04 pm

hawaiiantropic I ditto davilins words..Sounds wonderful and I join in with the others to pray for your boyfriends safe return and say my Thanks to him and to all the troops...
and :D
Quote:
Also, any ideas on something sweet or cute for our trip?
You probably are all the sweet and cute he will need...

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:30 pm

I see you're new here to the board so I just wanted to pop in and tell you to listen to Tom. He'll be a great help to you and he and his wife Lorrie are really great people. We joke now how I wouldn't give him any personal info about us when we were planning our trip last Feb. to GPC. Now that we've met IRL I can tell you he's harmless and a great guy to have on your side at the GPC.

Hi Tom!!!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:15 am

sjl330 wrote:I see you're new here to the board so I just wanted to pop in and tell you to listen to Tom. He'll be a great help to you and he and his wife Lorrie are really great people. We joke now how I wouldn't give him any personal info about us when we were planning our trip last Feb. to GPC. Now that we've met IRL I can tell you he's harmless and a great guy to have on your side at the GPC.

Hi Tom!!!

Hello Sandy and Fred... and yes Sandy is not an ax murderer like my wife thought either... nor was Redd and Pat, nor was JJ and JC, and the countless others we have met thru this website and the GCP.... I take all the hard work that our men and women of this country do in the armed forces very serious (My father was a highly decorated veteran of the Viet Nam era, serving two tours back in 68-69, so what you are doing for your BF is very special to me as well...)

talk to you soon....

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:06 am

Also, any ideas on something sweet or cute for our trip?
I'm thinking your boyfriend finds you cute and if you are really sweet to him, well.....what more can he want!

and as for Tom, don't worry...just cause he said
what you are doing for your BF is very special to me as well...
doesn't mean he's going to go along with you two..... his wife won't let him!

Have a good vacation with your man..... Hope he doesn't have to go back there.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:10 pm

And as you can see, we are all a bunch of comedians as well... HA HA HA ....

good one Ronald... and you are right... lojo would not let me go down a lone or with someone unless it is her... spoil sport... just because i would try to take over and become the mayor of Vallarta... my little start to global take over... well i will keep vallarta and Charlieb can have the rest...

I hope we haven't scared hawaiintropic off... LOL

hawaiiantropic
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by hawaiiantropic » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:40 pm

haha, nobody worry, you haven't scared me off, I've been picking up some extra hours at work to try to pay for the vacation...it was kind of a bank breaker for a college kid! Thank you all for keeping him in your prayers, it means a lot to me that other people aren't going to act impartial to those in Iraq just because they may not agree with the war.
As for all the wonderful things you have said about the vacation being all the cute and sweet he's going to need, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I hope it means a lot to him as well. I appreciate all the suggestions and thoughts you all have given me and I really just want to do anything I can for him, he's done more for me in the 2 years we've been together than anyone could know...even if he has been Iraq for a lot of it. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND CONTINUED THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!!!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:16 pm

E)E 8V8 :-)9

not a problem Anna... we are here for you as well....

Tator
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Tator » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:18 pm

4 things to do for sure:

1. Walk the Malecon at night
2. Eat at Pipi's
3. Check out the Marina during the day
4. Do the Canopy tour

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:32 am

An old Vietnam Vet thanks your boyfriend from the bottom of his heart! And prays, everyday, for all my brothers and sisters in harms way. I also thank you for being his rock back here in "the world". He really needs you. You are an angel, I just know you are. You kids have a wonderful time and it will be just the first of many wonderful times. Take care and God Bless. Chuck... 8)

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:46 pm

charlieb wrote:An old Vietnam Vet thanks your boyfriend from the bottom of his heart! And prays, everyday, for all my brothers and sisters in harms way. I also thank you for being his rock back here in "the world". He really needs you. You are an angel, I just know you are. You kids have a wonderful time and it will be just the first of many wonderful times. Take care and God Bless. Chuck... 8)

E)E very very well said there Chuck. I am proud of you.

hawaiiantropic
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by hawaiiantropic » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:42 am

Hey, I know I haven't been around much, but I'm still checking in! PV is a bit expensive for a college kid! haha, Thank you Chuck for those very kind words. It's a full time job being a girlfriend of somebody gone all the time, but he's definitely worth it, so I don't mind doing it at all, but it's always nice to know we're appreciated! The reservations have all been made, and so far, everything seems to be leading up to the perfect (and dare I say, much needed) vacation!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:12 pm

good to see you back out here Anna... how is life treating you... let us know if there is anything you need ... keep in touch when you can....

reggaelovemusic
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

great place

Post by reggaelovemusic » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:09 am

good for you guys. puerta vallarta is a beautiful place filled with as beautiful friendly people.. we have been 3 times and just love it.

However it is starting to grow and the traffic is also growing ..
places that we went and highly recommend is with Vallarta Adventures.com we did our planing all online and had no problems when we got to the kios..they are the safest tours in Puerta vallarta. and invironmentaly friendly.
Rythms of the night tour about 5 hours gone by catamaran and then on a secluded part of land , you are served a a5 star meal with your drinks all inclusive and a great show. the price is about $80.00 person

Las Calatas snorling and 5 star meal about 6 hours gone same location of the rythms of the night but in the day time. all inclusive drinks and foodprice about the same.

very adverturous. is a zipping in the jungle. , very fun and scarry.

swiming with dolpins is also one of my favourites.

lots to do and remember doing anything together is romantic.

have fun :wink: