What section of town is Ideal for Beach/Ocean & town?

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Bride08
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
What section of town is Ideal for Beach/Ocean & town?

Post by Bride08 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:21 am

Hola!

I am trying to plan a destination wedding in Mexico for middle of 2008. I have heard that Puerto Vallarta is gorgeous, but have never been myself. We are also looking at Playa Del Carmen as a destination, but have found it challenging to find a hotel that meets all of our requirements:

-It is really important for us to be at a hotel on a nice beach where swimming and snorkeling is possible...(maybe even bodysurfing?)

-We also want to feel like we are in Mexico- we have had experiences where remote resorts feel isolated and you could be anywhere in the world and not really know it. We want to enjoy some of the culture, charm and life of Mexico while we are there, so I think it best that we be walking distance (or short cab ride) to shops, bars and restaurants.

-We need to stay at a place that is nice (for a wedding ceremony) but also affordable for some of our younger guests. And the hotel must allow children, as there will be a few of those.

Can you help me at which part of Puerto Vallarta might help us accomplish all of these things? Or possibly which hotels we might look at?

Thank you! Muchas Gracias!

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:54 am

Bride 08...forget snorkel in PV...not to take away from the PV experience but from what you describe you might want to explore the Playa Del Carmen options...maybe Akumal even ...in the PV area try Sayulita...not sure if your familiar with, but Huatulco is a great option...not sure if posting another site is cool but go to playa.info for the best info on all that is playa...or ilovehuatulco.com for that area...good luck from a peep...having said that though, I will be in PV Oct 06 to see what is going on after a 18 month hiatus...sonofdob.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:44 pm

I've done some body surfing at Nuevo Vallarta and it was ok, nothing great but stilol fun. Snorkling is pretty good if you take a boat to the Marietas Islands, tgere are a bunch of tour operators that go there. In the downtown area is the public beach Playa Los Muertos and there are beaches strung out through the hotel zone which are swimmable but no surf to speak of. On the north end of the bay is where you find the more popular surf spots and I've heard that snorkling is decent at Playa Destilladeras. President Fox's niece got married on the beach at Mayan Palace in N.V. with El Presidente himself in attendance and, since then numerous other weddings have taken place there. They do a terrific job. Does any of this help?

mexico-mvt
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by mexico-mvt » Tue May 05, 2009 8:01 am

sonofdob wrote:Bride 08...forget snorkel in PV...not to take away from the PV experience but from what you describe you might want to explore the Playa Del Carmen options...maybe Akumal even ...in the PV area try Sayulita...not sure if your familiar with, but Huatulco is a great option...not sure if posting another site is cool but go to playa.info for the best info on all that is playa...or ilovehuatulco.com for that area...good luck from a peep...having said that though, I will be in PV Oct 06 to see what is going on after a 18 month hiatus...sonofdob.
Am planning to go to Huatulco. You mentioned that this is "a great option". May I know what are the highlights in this place? Are there activities for teenagers? I have a 16 year old son. This will help me a lot in making my vacation plan .thanks

beachluvr
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by beachluvr » Wed May 06, 2009 6:07 pm

as far as beach weddings go - in the marina area there are hotels
with man made jetti's protruding out from beach approx. 50 yards?
they typically seem to have white tents on them and are used for
private massages, etc. - but have seen pics of wedding ceremonies
being held on them.
there are 5 or 6 of them in marina district and more in hotel district.
not sure which hotels claim them or have ceremonies on them.
i do know velas vallarta claims the northern most jetti in marina district.

look on google earth - easy to see.