soecials on resorts

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

loveak
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
soecials on resorts

Post by loveak » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:20 pm

O.K. I booked 7 nights now I need to find a real good deal on a resort. Where do I look for specials I have till Feb 11, should I wait till next year to book? Or willl they run specials now? I do want to stay in the Nuevo Vallarta area. Any help I do appreciate....
Thanks

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:16 am

Ok! I'm confused. You already have a reservaton someplace, correct? Where/what is it you are looking for? I mean, since you already have a reservation someplace, what is it you are looking for? Chuck... 8)

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:26 pm

so i take it you locked in your airfare and are now looking for a resort to stay it during that time? more information please

pdxbuff
PV Guru
PV Guru

More information please! I'm scratching my head.

Post by pdxbuff » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:47 am

KVR
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re: More information please! I'm scratching my head.

Post by KVR » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:00 pm

loveak
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by loveak » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:45 pm

yes, I booked my air fare. Now I need help deciding where to stay.
Thanks

Contessa
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by Contessa » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:26 am

If I were you, I would book as soon as possible. It is high season in February. You will be booking directly with the hotel, so find one you like and go from there. If you haven't been to NV before, there are many on this board who have. I also know that Paradise Village and Mayan Palace are timeshare resorts, and if you google them you will come up with owners wanting to rent out their units. It might be a good idea to book direct through them. Use this site to look for accommodations as well. Rentalo.com and vrbo.com both have lots of units available. as well vallartainfo.com has NV hotels listed and contacts. Good luck!

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:15 pm

Don't expect to find a great deal for Feb unless you want to wait and pray for a quick book say a week or two before you go. Then again it's possible most hotels could be near or at capacity and you will have to settle for something less than you really want.

I did research on my next trip (Marival Grand 16-23 Jan) and noticed that the rates went up ~ 15-20% the next week and continued high through April. I was really lucky to book when I did.

beachluvr
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by beachluvr » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:35 pm

advice when traveling in feb. as we usually do......
figure the high end of your budget, find something over internet
(as suggested by others in this thread) that fits your taste,
price, & location, then book it - you'll be glad you did. don't wait.
we found villa in la cruz last year on vrbo.com

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:29 pm

as many people have stated you are going during a very busy time of the year... when we look at february, we are booked with our resort before we leave... example - before we left the GCP in Feb 2007, we had our November and Feb 2008 booked with Angie within the first week of our stay. the only reason we do this, is because of the popularity of the GCP for adults only vacations, and we want a certain room every february for those two weeks... so we nail it down then and there....

but if you are able to take off with short notice, then go to Funjet.com, Applevacations.com, MLTvacations.com or whatever other places you can use a resaler like these companies and start locking something in....

good luck...

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:06 pm

I've travelled last minute many times and the deals that can be had are incredible, however...you really have to be flexible in your choice of resorts and even sometimes you need to be flexible on the destination itself...but I have never been disappointed in where I ended up...you already have your air travel booked though and you are going in peak season so I would strongly suggest you nail down your accomodations sooner than later.

hawaiiantropic
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by hawaiiantropic » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:58 am

Just a bit of advice from someone who thought they might wait for a "special": I watched the rates for a vacation for 3 weeks while I got the money together to book it, and it went up at least 75 dollars a week. I booked, and now almost 2 months after I booked, the rates have hit a total of almost 500 dollars more expensive than the first time I looked. Do yourself a little favor and book asap, you don't want to be stuck roomless! Have a good vacation!

Hey again everybody!!!!