Riu Jalisco

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

KVR
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by KVR » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:21 pm

LOL

Me too. They were full of children. :)

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:30 am

oh sure Chuck...you can call them "Nationals" but up North we still call them "Expos" !

JWBW64A
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

RIU JALISCO

Post by JWBW64A » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:03 pm

Mamba - in Bucerias many nice places to eat along the ocean. But if your boys are big eaters, they wont have any problems at the RIU - the buffets will take care of all their needs and more. We have never been disappointed in the food - again, there will be selections that you wont like - but there will be plenty of other choices. Breakfast is great.
As you might have read elsewhere bring a large insulated mug for drinks - the bartenders will fill it with no problem. And there is entertainment every night - again, many people complain about this - but you arent in
Vegas - they do a great job with what they have. Nights might be a bit boring for your boys as there isnt a lot to do - there isnt anyplace to go
outside of the RIU. The key is going with the flow - relax its vacation.
You will have a great time.

mamba72001
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by mamba72001 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:02 pm

Thank you Mike!!!

Yes, my boys are big eaters. They are 16 and 13. My oldest is 6'2" and the youngest has bigger feet than he does! They are both slender and I am not really sure where they pack it all but they cost me a fortune in groceries!
My oldest holds his hands above his head and shakes them like he has scored a touchdown and says "FOOD! FOOD!"

I am headed out today to get some last minute things and will make sure I've got a LARGE insulated mug!
Thanks for the tip.
I feel like packing today....is that wrong....LOL!
And its 13 more sleeps until we go!

Thanks everyone for all your help.
You have been fabulous!

helenf
PV Guru
PV Guru

Packing

Post by helenf » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:40 pm

Mamba,

I always start my packing two weeks before I leave. It adds to the excitement for me. Thirteen days - heck girl - you should've started yesterday. :wink:

Enjoy yourselves!

Helen

mamba72001
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by mamba72001 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:40 pm

LOL....I hear you Helen!

I am a compulsive list maker and have revised my PV list about 5 times now.
The suitcase is ready to be packed and I am going to start TODAY!

Mike........is the pool open in the evenings?

JWBW64A
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by JWBW64A » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:40 pm

Mamba - consider yourself very lucky that you only have 13 or less more sleeps. We arent going again until May 2008.....sounds like a lifetime away. Don't worry about the boys being hungry - not at these buffets. They can eat till their hearts content.....they will love it. One thing we always comment on is the deserts ........they look so good......but when you taste them they are lacking either sugar or flavor.....not sure which...there is a great lunch buffet at the La Botana restaurant - that sits right on the beach - and dont forget to go there after dinner - they serve a great Spanish coffee - coffee with vanilla ice cream and brandy that they light on fire.....very nice........

and the pools - they close very early as they have to clean them - I think they close at either 7 or 8 - I really think 7 - and thats where it might get boring for the boys at night...again , not a lot to do once it gets dark..but then again they might be so tired they wont care......and dont forget to go to downtown Puerto Vallarta - many people take the bus as its really cheap - the front desk can help you with that -or you can take a taxi..
walk the Malecon...and truly a large number of great restaurants downtown....everybody seems to have their favorites....many different opinions on this board - and probably everybody is right !!!

Mike