Hola Vallarta

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

SHERRYPV
PV Fan
PV Fan
Hola Vallarta

Post by SHERRYPV » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:39 pm

Hello, I Have planned a last minute trip to Puerto Vallarta for New Years. My favorite hotel Golden Crowne is full so I the only place open was Hola. Any comments on this hotel would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:48 pm

It is an older hotel that has been refurbished. Next door to the Fiesta Americana. Beach is good. Meals are just OK. Great location. Watch out for timeshare pitches.

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:09 am

Here's a recent report
viewtopic.php?t=13392

SHERRYPV
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by SHERRYPV » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:51 pm

Thank You for all your help. The review sounds fine, we are not fussy at all.

Thanks Again

dgwick
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by dgwick » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:30 am

We would have no problems staying there again. We didn't stay there to eat, so basically we had our breakfasts there each day. It was average food-wise, nothing spectacular on the buffet any of the nights. But always something to eat. The staff is awesome, the rooms are a good size and clean. A/C worked well. There was a musty smell when we arrived in our room, but it was just from being closed up. We never noticed it again after the first day. We were NEVER approached once on the resort about time share. Walk off the resort, and they are everywhere. Literally right on the corner of the driveway as you exit the resort, on the left hand side. But really not a bother.
The beach has a nice roped off area so you can sit and relax, the beach staff is awesome from getting you set up in a lounge chair exactly to your liking right to the bar staff who definitely do their jobs well.
Enjoy your vacation!

IheartMexico
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by IheartMexico » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:58 pm

I stayed at Hola for 2 weeks last May, it was fantastic