Club Embarcadero Pacifico

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Tator
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Tator » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:29 pm

ANy reviews on this place? How is the food, location, hotel, rooms? Looking to book soon. Have stayed at the Canto Del Sol twice. Is it comparable?

trinity1620
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by trinity1620 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:20 pm

Curious...have you booked this resort yet? Inspite of a few bad reviews we booked and are going the 12th of Jan-08. Got a great deal and have never been to Puerto Vallarta. We looked at a few reviews on other places we stayed and liked and the reviews were the same...about 50/50 so we are gonna chance it. If you haven't been....I will let you know what its like upon return!

kagnew64
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by kagnew64 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:37 pm

We have never stayed at CEP, but we cross the parking lot everyday we
stay in PV. The property looks well kept and is always very clean. The
main hotel is next to the marina and the villas are across the Paseo del Sur on the beach. To the left of the main building is a strip of three
restaurants, a silver shop, and an ATM. Beyond that is a brand new
XO convenience store. To the left of the hotel is an entrance to the
marina. Restaurants, grocery stores, etc.
The bus stop is immediately in front of the hotel. Taxis are everywhere.
When we were in PV last June the state of Jalisco billeted all of their
Security Police at the CEP during the meetings of all Mexico's
govenors. Black uniforms, riot gear, sub-machine guns everywhere;
interesting but anxious. Was impressed with their discipline.
Have a great trip and do report back on your impressions

trinity1620
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by trinity1620 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:01 am

Thanks for the info. It is nice to know from someone that has seen this resort first hand that it atleast appears decent from the outside! We are going next weekend so I will let you know.

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:50 am

Just wondering if you went to canto 2x ,why not go back? whatever you choose remember your vacation is what you make of it. A couple of members on this board have said nothing but good things about canto. I'm sure you will enjoy yourself whatever you choose.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Bad Vibes

Post by smitty » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:20 am

Canto is head and shoulders above Embarcadero . Prices should reflect this if not you got ripped off . Embarcadero is a iffy 2 + resort - Canto is a solid 3+ .

Tator
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Tator » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:25 pm

The price was so cheap for the Embarcadero. Like $600 all inclusive for a week. I love the Canto, but it is a little higher this year. I know you get what you pay for.

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:41 pm

Here is a new review just posted on TA
-http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRevi ... Coast.html

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Good Deal

Post by smitty » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:16 pm

Tator - you get a posture firming mattress (hard bed ) , diet plan ( food sucks) aerobics workout - (walk to beach) - sleep in plan ( 5:30 pm Maid service) . I'm just guessing but sounds like you are staying at a Mexican Spa ! :)

Tator
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Tator » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:44 pm

Wow! What a dump, sounds worse than the Getto-way!

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Hotel

Post by JROJEFF » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:05 am

Tator ,I for sure can't judge a hotel nor will I reley on TApost ,but I stay at el pescador which by no means is a great hotel ,well to me it is because of the location ,the staff and it's cheap ,but to each their own , if you check out some other posts of hotels near andales as I have read you would like to check out ,jennybean and others here have given some reviews and ideas of some places to stay if you wan't to save a couple dollars , I for one tried hotel eloisa,loud,but very close to the action.There are many hotels for each and everybody to choose from ,but if you like canto and can afford it go for it ,if not try some suggestions out, you may be happy ,I bet you will still have a great time-jeff

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:24 am

By the way villa del palmer was nice when I visited it but no AI that I know of ,but close to the stores and close to the bus line where you can catch a cheap ride to andales,only thing I didn't like about it is what alot of places seem to be going to is you pay with your credit card for your drinks and food be it daily or at the end, too pricey for me- good luck in your search

IheartMexico
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by IheartMexico » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:27 pm

not as nice as Canto del sol. Nice resort though, good food although the buffet closes early and the bar closes at 11 or so. The beach isn't fantastic but the pools are nice, cold though

Tator
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Tator » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:51 pm

Thanks to all for the advice. I am definitely not staying at this hotel. Somebody stated that it made the Getaway Club look like a palace, and that place is a dump.