Dreams for our honeymoon???

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

courty3303
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Dreams for our honeymoon???

Post by courty3303 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:17 am

My fiance and I just booked our honeymoon at the Dreams All-Inclusive Resort & Spa. I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about Dreams and if it is worth the money we are spending. I would really appreciate any information or tips anyone can provide. We have never been to PV and are really looking forward to our honeymoon. Any information pertaining to just PV would be great too! Thanks a ton!

Courtney

courty3303
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

date

Post by courty3303 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:18 am

in case anyone is wondering when we are going.. We are getting married on July 19th and our reservation is July 21-26!

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:58 am

I don't know anything about Dreams, but I can tell you that PV is VERY hot and humid in July...but the up side is less people.

glacierroasters
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by glacierroasters » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:30 am

I stayed down by this resort:

-get like 40 ea of the 50 peso bills ($200) and all the 20 peso bills they will sell you (a $100) and have the time of your life.

Whatever the day brings you....enjoy.

1) Boca De Tomatlan (and yes...take the bus south until they turn around...walk down the hill to the first Palapa on the beach, ask for Lorenzo, ask him for a shot of Racilla, and to sit at a palapa by the surf)

2) Go to Hacienda Jalisco in San Sebastian and spend a night in the John Huston suite, pay Juan for an afternoon tour! EAT AT LUPTA'S AND GO TO THE museum and the church. - Amazing!

3)Go Fishing one day!

Best kept secret-

Take a morning cab ride into Le Bistro for breakfast- ask to sit creekside. 5 star dining experience for like $20, you'll go back day after day

Best Known place you can't miss- Vista Grille - amazing plan on dinner after dark so you can see the fireworks- make reservations the minute you get there!

Best Party Place- Andales.

As it's your honeymoon...you may not have time for anything else...plan to come back ASAP!!! :lol:

Best Vallarta Quote? "Vallarta is a Drug!"

Best advice- never ask how much the cab fare is if your are just cathing a ride to your hotel or into town...it's $5 anywhere in the greater downtown/southside area.

Enjoy

courty3303
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by courty3303 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:26 pm

thanks for the information!

Tara7484
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

I'm going there too!

Post by Tara7484 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:50 pm

I'm so glad you started this forum! My fiance and I are taking the exact same trip to Puerto Vallarta! (well, if all goes according to plan) We'll actually be honeymooning the first week of July (hopefully everyone will be storming the American beaches for the holiday, and not Mexico!) so I'll be able to give my own opinion, but I'd also love to hear from someone who's already been.
One thing I can tell you - I read in an unbiased book that this particular resort has the best beach in all of PV! (I think b/c it's in a semi seclusive cove)
Have you checked out VallartaAdventures.Com? One reason we're so excited to go is b/c it's actually safe to leave the resort and there's SO much to do!
Also, does anyone happen to know what color the water is? (weird question I know, but my fiance has never seen a crystal clear ocean before and I was hoping he'd get his chance)

Tara

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Ocean

Post by Jennybean » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:30 am

Pacific Ocean is not like the Atlantic/Caribbean so don't expect the turquoise water and white sand...you'll get clear water at your resort beach because it's away from the river tributaries, but you are going during rainy season...you'll get some river runoff and water churning (ie: natural detritus) which can and will cloud the bay in areas.

Contrary to many a false report, this is NOT pollution. It's entirely natural and normal for rainy season. The beach areas south and north of the city won't be affected as much.

glacierroasters
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by glacierroasters » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:26 am

Day or night we trecked into every back corner you could walk to in PV....and never felt threatened in any way shape or form.

Man I miss Vallarta...how can I possibly wait another year?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

courty3303
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by courty3303 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:46 am

I am happy to hear that PV is a safe place to vacation. I have heard horror stories of people visiting Mexico and was a tad bit worried.

fubob
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Dreams

Post by fubob » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:51 pm

Will be staying at Dreams in 7 count em 7 days , will post a trip report when we get back , is there anything specific about the resort you want to know that we can look at while we are there?

courty3303
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by courty3303 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:54 pm

any information and tips would be great! Have a great trip!!!!!

lvmykids
PV Fan
PV Fan

Dreams Resort

Post by lvmykids » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:47 pm

We stayed at Dreams last year (2007) the first week of June. We loved it so much we just booked 8 nights in mid June (2008). We are so excited to go back. You will love it at Dreams. The beach is beautiful and by far one of the better beaches , if not the best in PV. You will have a wonderful time! If you need anymore info on this resort, just let me know and I would be more than glad to share. I have a ton of pictures too!

fubob
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Dreams

Post by fubob » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:00 am

Just returned send nme a msg with any questions way too many good things to list but will help out for specifics.

fubob
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

courty msg from fubob

Post by fubob » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:55 pm

Hi

Bud light and every other major brand of alchohol is available , just ask for it at the bars, runm and coke with bacardis please otherwise you get the local stuff. Dreams is a $4.00 cab ride from the Malecon , all the bars and clubs etc, takes about 5 or 6 minutes by cab , I do not recomend walking that road when you go you will see why!

All the staff speak excellent English plus some speak another language as well , try and learn some basic Spanish phrases a s the staff really seems to appreciate anything in Spanish , Bueno Dias ( good morning) .

If you need anything elses send me a msg .

edandkaren
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by edandkaren » Wed May 28, 2008 2:00 am

Don't know about staying in the resort, but the daily bus we took went past Dreams. Like I said, I don't know about in the resort but when going past it every other day or so to town there was a HORRIBLE sewer smell right as we passed the resort. Just an FYI.