San Marino Plaza

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Menchis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
San Marino Plaza

Post by Menchis » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:13 pm

I on my way to PV after 2 years and this time we had book this hotel.
I will like to know if any one have an information on :?:
Thank you in advance

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by delectdee » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:07 pm

we've stayed there 3 times (last time '06). for us- a great location, clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff. ocean front rooms are definelty the best. food was adequate if you do the AI. "trip advisor" has some recent reviews you may find helpful.

Menchis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Menchis » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:55 pm

Thanks for the info. yes I did check the link and I see that in the past there were commnets as well but for my understanding the managment or owner had change and I wnat to see if there is anything more recently inf. with the member of this forum who I found very honest to the point .

Well lets see what the experience teach us this time. We stay last time at El Pescador which is budget hotel; becuase it was the Holy week which is a big holiday for Mexicans and all hispanics there were a lot of young drunks making noise one night but beside that and the hard beds(looks that every where have the same type of matress :D ) we did not have any complains, we did not go AI but this time we want to try and see what will be the best option the next time we go back.

At this point we are looking for to our trip at the begining of April 8V8 .
Thank you very much for you input _O_

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:50 pm

I've stayed there, was two years ago and it was fine, food was quite good for a buffet style offering at a small hotel. What I most enjoyed is the great location, in the heart of Old Vallarta, made it much more fun. I've heard now it's become a gay-oriented hotel. When I was there (with my wife and my year and half old boy) we did notice it was a laid back ambiance and we enjoyed it. I'd go back there, if they accept mixed couples :-)

Greetings

Mogens

Menchis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Menchis » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:59 pm

thank you for the reply, I don't think they will have an issue with us, we are very reserve 8:-D
I won't be suprise if they are accepting gays now there, they are in the middle of the zone. When we were at El pescador they were very nice with us.
I am looking foward to this trip, after two years with out one there is the need to escape the crazy weather in Canada [cold] [storm]
Thanks again
:-)4

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:25 am

We had an amazing view of the front entrance of the san marino from our balcony :D .Me and some of the ppl staying there would meet every morning on the balconys and exchange conversation across the street :D We also stayed at el pescador two years ago and really enjoyed it,but we allways ended up at los muertos beach so we booked there this year and will do so again next year its a great part, everything is right there.There was still lots of family's coming out of the san marino in january.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Hotel

Post by Jennybean » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:41 am

This hotel has always accepted gay couples, but if by gay oriented you mean has it gone to a gay only hotel? No. It's still actively being sold in Canada by every major tour operator online and off, which means it's still considered "all persons welcome".

That said, from my 3 past stays here my best recommendation is to buy the upgrade to the Junior Suite - those are the oceanfront rooms. Better view and much more spacious, especially the corner units (they used to have kitchenettes). The top floor (8th floor) units also have lofted ceilings.

The standard rooms are on the side streets and aren't always very big or particularly quiet. I booked and paid for an oceanfront once and they stuck me in a standard room - dark, small, not particularly cheerful. Needless to say I wasn't there very long (hey, I PAID for the upgrade! :lol:).

Menchis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Menchis » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:14 pm

We agree with my partner about upgrading so we did.
They place us with in a Jr. suit; I beleive 5th floor ocean view. Teresa is the person who is taking care of our question through emails and she is doing a fantastic job.
I am looking foward to this trip even more now, 9 more days and we are there. 8V8 :P [sail]

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:27 pm

We considered the upgrade when we were there, but the move, plus the fact we were barely IN the room most of the time made us forget it (or was it that we were cheap?) :-)

Good to hear it's still open for all as I would enjoy a new trip there, will consider it next time around. One issue now that I remember was parking the car, but that only applies to people that travel from close-by locations (Guadalajara, in my case).

Greetings

Mogens

Menchis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Menchis » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:01 pm

I just came back from PV and I had a wounderful time, the hotel was nice, the people that works there very nice, we felt at home. I got sick ant the lady at the front desk(chavelita) bought medice and she did not took my money. The only thing I got to said bad about it its the food; it got too bouring at times. We did went out to get something else to eat. I would probably got back to the hotel keeping in mind the food might be better next time or not.
We come back sad because we left good friends that we meat there from Vancouver and Victoria but hey! we might plan to go all together next time.
:cry: