Vallarta Sun Suites

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

chance
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Vallarta Sun Suites

Post by chance » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:16 pm

Hola

Heres the situation we are coming down April 26th for two weeks with friends. We are staying at the BV . Last week we went to a silent charity action and they had flights anywhere in North America first class with Air Canada. Cut the story short we got them. So after some research I have found the Vallarta Sun Suites. Just would like some comments and concerns from others that have stayed there. We know there is no ocean view and its not AI which we prefer we know the location just wondering about the hotel itself as since the flights are free we are going to go for a month. I should note that VSS are closing April 1 to Oct for reno's so any input on that to would be greatly appreciated as I have to book the suite by the end of the month.

Regards
Chance 8)

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:39 am

I've never stayed there but a few of the board members have and recommend it very highly. Try doing a search for past postings and you should find your answers.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

VSS

Post by Jennybean » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:46 pm

Firstly - are you looking at the Suites or the Hotel? They are two separate buildings a block apart. The suites have small kitchenettes and livingrooom spaces, while the hotel are hotel rooms (which have coffeemakers, small fridge, tv etc)

Small locally owned hotels - the hotel only has 28 rooms and I believe the suites only have about the same. That said, they are awesome. Sparkling clean, quiet, perfectly located. If you don't have expectations they are resort-ish in any way you should love them.

You can also check them out on your own on their website, vallartasunsuites.com

I've been to them to visit many times, and will be making my first stay (finally) this fall. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

ETA: to my knowledge the renovations only affect the hotel - they are expanding the check-in/lobby area at the front of the hotel and moving the office from the back...it doesn't affect the rooms at all. The plan is to start this reno April 1 when the manager and his wife close down the hotel for the summer months.

chance
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

VSS

Post by chance » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:17 am

Thanks
I did a little more reseach today and never came up with anything negative. So I am going to book it tomorrow. But I was unaware of the other building the web site just shows the one with the pool so I thought that was it. As for expectations just clean comfortable out of the way which it is. I think its a good choice for a month. Jenny please pm with any other info you may have and thanks again for every ones input

Regards
Chance 8)