Marival Resort in Nuevo Vallarta.....good or no?

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

nana4ou
PV Fan
PV Fan
Marival Resort in Nuevo Vallarta.....good or no?

Post by nana4ou » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:45 pm

We are planning a family vacation to NV June 16th. We are staying at the Marival, but I don't see much of it mentioned in the chat room. Has anyone stayed there and if so, what did you think about it. It's my husband and my 40th anniversary, so our girls are taking us all to celebrate....apparently people don't stay married that long anymore...lol. Thanks for any info. you can give me. :D

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:38 pm

If you do a search under this resort there is some info here,some from a few years ago but all seem positive except maybe the time share guys,enjoy your stay.

nana4ou
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by nana4ou » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:41 pm

Hey.....thanks for the info. I'm alwasy antsy about going somewhere that we don't really know that much about, but MLT had a great price and this way the whole family gets to go, so guess anything together is GREAT! Thanks........ :lol:

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:48 pm

Good review under marival ( use search ) page 2, started by kiki ,review by pvherewecome ,hope this helps- bus prices have changed and its really not that unsafe driving, so do not read into that please (1st time visitor :lol: )

nana4ou
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by nana4ou » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:11 pm

Helped SO much. I think it will be great and I'm really excited to have the whole family together....

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:22 pm

Try to spend some time in old vallarta ,you will enjoy it ,and if you get a chance take the bus north to sayulita. I love that place and can not wait to visit again. It is worth a day trip or longer if you choose.

Tom1
PV Fan
PV Fan

Marival

Post by Tom1 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:13 pm

It's an excellent choice, although pretty isolated way out in Nuevo (like most other Nuevo resorts for that matter). There are two pool sides to the resort - the quieter adult pool in the older (but renovated) section to the south, and the noisier kiddie/activity pool in the newer section (the Grand, I think). The speciality restaurants are relatively quite good (esp the Italian), the booze is good quality (request the premium brands) and for kids the shows in the evenings are great. Noise tends to echo down the cement hallways - request a room away from the stairwells and if possible on the upper floors. The beach is great for walks but it is a good idea to wear crocs or sandals - bees often land on the sand and it is easy to get stung.

nana4ou
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by nana4ou » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:20 pm

Thanks. Great advice on the shoes for the beach. We went to Cancun last year and we figured really quickly that the beach was not for walking barefoot on.....no matter how appealing it is in the t.v. ads. ha. We have a 3 bed, 3 bath suite, so how bad can it be? I appreciate the info.