First PV Stay - Best Condos Info Much Appreciated

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

WCGal
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
First PV Stay - Best Condos Info Much Appreciated

Post by WCGal » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:05 am

Hola Everyone,

I've read thru many many messages here but few seem to target Condos. Totally uninterested in AI and not really into Hotel type things. We like the Condo atmosphere, not for any major cooking but largely for the feeling of 'homeyness'. :D We like to store our snacks, water, mixer, and breakfast stuff but we don't do much in lunches and zero in dinners at home. Prefer a separate bedroom but not mandatory. Would like a good sized balcony with loungers and an ocean view, preferably a pool, and close proximity to town for my shopping fixation. :lol:

This would ideally be for the last two weeks of Feb '09 or the last week of Feb & 1st week of March.

Oh - one more thing -- mmmm - no kids on premises please. :oops:

So you PV experts - any suggestions?

Muchos gracias
H

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:28 am

http://www.casadelosarcos.com/ We've stayed here twice, and the owner (Susan) has become a friend. I HIGHLY recommend it.

Also - http://villadosprimos.com/ We've stayed here too. Kathy is the owner's name.

Neither place are "condos" per se, but are similarly priced, and located 50 yards from each other.

You wouldn't regret staying at either place! If you have any questions about either place, let me know, and I'll try to answer them.

Darryl

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:32 pm

Selva Romantica has some studios and a fabulous pool. Loma del Mar is cheaper and older - immediately to the south.

rosie

Post by rosie » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:00 pm

not a condo per se, not really a hotel room either...Lindo Mar is a small boutique type resort just south of town next to Conchas Chinas and might be what you are looking for. Every "room" is actually a 1 or 2 br suite with full kitchen facilities and all are oceanfront with great full size balconies directly off the livingroom area. They are wide open with shuttered doors if you want to close it off. We never do. There's something about waking up early, making coffee and "parking" on the balcony to watch the sunrise and the bay wake up (mantas, dolphins and whales in season and the ever present pelicans bellying up to the "sushi bar" pangas begging for scraps) that is sheer magic. There is a good restaurant on site (La Playita) offering b,l,d and a decent breakfast buffet on weekends. They also have a "killer" happy hour 2x a day (usually free pour). The bus and taxis stop just out front, it's about 5-10 minutes to old town. Check tradingplaces.com for availability or vrbo.com (owners renting directly) or TUG.com
We have owned here for a few years now, used to put my weeks into the rental pool until we discovered how nice it is to stay here. The staff treat you like family. There is a small gym on site and spa services ie: massage, pedi, mani, facials.
There is also an OXXO convenience store steps away (similar to a 7/11 or Mac's) that is well stocked with cold drinks, snacks etc and a deli next door that has sandwiches etc. Our taxi fare to old town (Los Muertos pier) last year was 40p and took about 10 min max due to some road construction on the hwy.

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:53 pm

-www.pvrpv.com also, don't wait too long to book...lot's of places get booked way in advance.

marcos
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by marcos » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:44 pm

I might suggest Los Tules. It is a very quiet complex (although quite large) and it has a very Mexican feel. Although it is not strictly "adults only", there wedre always very few kids on the property when we owned our timeshare there.

zaksam321
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by zaksam321 » Wed May 14, 2008 2:15 am

I like Lindo Mar also so I second that one. Very nice little beach and restaraunt on site. I have stayed there twice. Playa del Sol Costa Sur is also nice. I own there. Ocho Cascadas is nice too although I think the asking price is a little steep right now. I prefer the South side of the Malecon. The mountains are really nice over there and its close enough to town and yet not too much traffic being on the other side of the airport. YMMV.

Meljvi
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Condo in Lower Conchas Chinas

Post by Meljvi » Thu May 22, 2008 8:10 pm

My friends have just purchased a lovely condo. in Lower Conchas Chinas and are preparing it for first time rental. It has a beautiful view over the ocean and a couple minutes walk to the beach. It's in a very small, private complex of just 10 condo's. Here is their web site.
-www.puertovallartarentalcondo.com

Thanks,
Mel

Zeewot
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Vista del Sol is Awesome

Post by Zeewot » Wed May 28, 2008 2:26 am

If you search the net for Vista del sol condo rentals you will get many hits. We have stayed there many times over the last 9 years and it is wonderful. I can't say there is NO kids but you rarely see kids as most of the people that live in the building are retired Canadians and Americans. There is a roof top pool that has an enormous deck with plenty of deck chairs to be had at any time of the day. It is located right in the heart of "old town" on Los Muertos Beach (right on the ocean). There is a restaurant on the main floor that serves you food and or drinks right on the beach at your palapa. The beach is beautiful with stunning view of the entire bay. You are only steps away from a multitude of restaurants, bars and nightclubs and shops/coffee bars,etc. The local super-market (Reesos) is about a 5 minute walk. The only time you need a taxi is to and from the airport. The suites are all approx. 1600 sq. feet with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, living room, fully equipped kitchens, dining room and a huge deck where you can enjoy the sunsets or breakfast. There is currently a major construction project going on next door so I would highly recommend renting on the south side or ocean front, NOT the north side of the building (way too noisy). Satellite TV in living room and bedrooms and internet room on main floor (not that we go on vacation for these things, but just in case you so desire). These are very reasonably priced rentals and I promise you will not be disappointed. Good luck and let us know where you decide on.

desi
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

PV CONDO

Post by desi » Wed May 28, 2008 2:50 pm

-www.LaPalapa101.com I met the owners a couple of years ago. Have not stayed in the condo but have seen it and it is nice. It is also right on the beach! The condo is unit 101 2 bed-2 bath. Best I remember, the summer is very cheap. owners live in Colorado owner email mmom177@aol.com Enjoy your vacation!

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Thu May 29, 2008 12:28 pm

La Palapa has 7 floors. I think the higher floors are better to get you above the restaurant. Units 1 to 4 all are oceanfront. The 4 units are on the SW corner with wrap-around balconies. We have stayed there for 4 years. We own now but friends still rent 302.

If you are interested in 302, the owners live fulltime in PV and you can contact Ed Alejandre at woodysbar@aol.com and tell him Keith sent you. They own 2 units in La Palapa but they live in a house nearby.

WCGal
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Thanks!

Post by WCGal » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:50 pm

Hola All,

Wanted to get back to say Muchos Gracias for all the info you so kindly shared. Had a hard drive crash and its taken awhile to pick up all the pieces. :roll: They all seem appealing and I've bookmarked for future ref.

We ended up choosing a unit in a smallish building called Villa Blanca on Amapas. The unit is owned by folks who own a B+B in Vancouver. They use the unit themselves a couple of times a year so I'm comfortable it will be well cared for - it certainly appears to be. Should anyone know of negatives for this location of which I may be unaware, please feel free to share. Staying for three sunny weeks!

Keith - seen you on other boards and on CC in the past. Enjoyed your website & all the info on your Med cruise. Lived in WV lifelong until our retirement move to the island a couple of years ago.

Many thanks all.

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:54 am

amapas is a nice area. you'll have a great time.