places to rent in old town

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

PV Patty
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
places to rent in old town

Post by PV Patty » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:33 pm

I seem to be having a hard time finding a place that is affordable for a month (Apr. 15th to May 15th, 2009) I just want a roof over my head, safety, phone, the usual stuff, etc. Don't care if there is a pool. All the prices seem to be over the top. geessshhh I don't pay that kind of rent in Vancouver! I understand maybe a bit more for maintenance and such but triple the cost? What the heck is going on?

Patty

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Re: places to rent in old town

Post by kcowan » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:03 pm

PV Patty wrote:I seem to be having a hard time finding a place that is affordable for a month (Apr. 15th to May 15th, 2009) I just want a roof over my head, safety, phone, the usual stuff, etc. Don't care if there is a pool. All the prices seem to be over the top. geessshhh I don't pay that kind of rent in Vancouver! I understand maybe a bit more for maintenance and such but triple the cost? What the heck is going on?

Patty
I have a friend with a place on Olas Altas beside Picnic. Would that be suitable. I can check with him if so.

shantilly
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

old town apartment

Post by shantilly » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:57 am

Hi! I know of a place 3 blocks up behind the old church. I have stayed there 4(?) times and have recommended it to a few of my friends who loved it. The price is right! I beleive it was $45 per night when I rented it in the low season. It is a studio apt. with only 3 walls, and a magnificent view! I have the owners website if you are interested. She also has 2 more suites below for rent and she lives on the property as well. Let me know if you want the address!

Shantel

Zeewot
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Vista Del Sol!!!!

Post by Zeewot » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:07 am

We have stayed many times at the Vista del Sol...privately owned condos right on Los Muertos Beach with fabulous ocean views, close to everything, shopping, night life, many restaurants, etc. Very affordable (I am from Vancouver too) If you look on VRBO or just google Vista del Sol condo rentals you will find many options. At that time of year prices are VERY reasonable....I guarantee you will love the Vista del Sol. PM me if you have more questions.

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

should be able to find something

Post by pvgemini » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:35 pm

I have had lots of luck using www.vrbo.com; was just looking on there yesterday and saw some places that seemed reasonable. Also www.pvrpv.com if you call them they can help you.

Sally