I want to be in the "heart of it all"

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Mavy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
I want to be in the "heart of it all"

Post by Mavy » Mon May 04, 2009 11:34 am

Hey guys.. i am really looking to be in the heart of PV, and experience the local flavour, and way of life, restaurants, shops, steet vendors, arts, culture, etc...but I am having a hard time finding out exactly where this is? Can someone please inform me? Is this the "Macelon" area? Or Romantica area? Or Old Vallarta?

Then my next question is.. what would be yoru reccomendation for someone who wants stay close to the place, not trying to break the budget, and not stay in a dive either?? Dont know if i can have my cake and eat it to, but if we could find a place on the beach, yet close to the heart, it would be ideal!!!

Cheers,
jeremy

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Mon May 04, 2009 2:15 pm

The heart of the Beach action is the pier on Los Muertos.

Bars and restaurants are along The Malecon on the North Side.

There are also lots of bars and restaurants on the South side.

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Mon May 04, 2009 2:17 pm

Personally I would rather stay in the Romantic Zone than the Malecon area. You can walk everywhere from either location, but I prefer the vibe in the Romantic Zone.

If you want to stay north of but close to the Malecon, the Buenaventura Hotel is within walking distance of everything.

In the Romantic Zone, there are many oceanfront options, both hotels and condo rentals. I have rented condos through --www.pvrpv.com or -www.vrbo.com. Hotel versus condo, to me, just depends on your needs and personality. I really like having a kitchen to make coffee and have cereal in the morning, and have drinks and appetizers while watching the sunset, before going out for dinner. I like a bit of room to spread out, and condos always have a living area in addition to the bedrooms. Some even have washer and dryer.

Have fun!!

Sally

Mavy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Mavy » Mon May 04, 2009 5:46 pm

Thanks guys! Very much appreciated. It seems like its hard to find something rigth in the centre of it all that is really good. When i look at a hotel or even condo map, it seems that Playa Los Arcos is the only one in the heart and close walkign distance to everything. But all the reviews i have had on this say its a dump. Sally, can you specifically reccomend a condo? Preferrably in the $60-$120 per night range?? ANy other suggestions guys? Buenaventura looks great, but I agree, as it looks like the Romantica place is the better spot to be.

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Mon May 04, 2009 6:06 pm

Through www.vrbo.com, we rented property #121856 and it was perfect for my husband and me. It was a few blocks from the main action, but very close to the water. We could hear waves crashing from the bedroom and bathroom. Nice and quiet for sleeping. Great price/value. I don't know if you are a couple? or when? you are going. Rates vary alot at different times of year.

Through www.pvrpv.com, we rented Casa Alegria, which is 2 bedrooms but still within your price range during the summer. Beautiful and comfortable. It is actually really close to the vrbo property that I mentioned above.

Condos that I have never stayed in but look really nice are the Selva Romantica condos. You can do a search on either of the websites. Be sure to include 2 bedroom condos in your search, even if you only need one bedroom. Sometimes you can find a good deal on a 2 bedroom.

Good luck, and let me know if have any other questions.

Sally

Mavy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Mavy » Mon May 04, 2009 6:40 pm

Thanks Sally, I am going to check these out right now. Yes, I am travelling with my girlfriend. We are going the last weekend of August.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Thu May 07, 2009 9:35 pm

Mavy wrote:Thanks Sally, I am going to check these out right now. Yes, I am travelling with my girlfriend. We are going the last weekend of August.
Mavy, I have a downtown condo not too far removed from "the heart of it all" which I would rent to you at a very budget conscious price for August. If you're interested send me your email address and I'll send you more details and pictures.

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Thu May 07, 2009 10:11 pm

Mavy: We have been to both of Dave and Ellen's condos and you can't go wrongl. The condos are very nice and Dave and Ellen are wonderful people. Was there in March visiting them and wish we were back there right now. Enjoy!!!

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sat May 09, 2009 2:07 pm

lojol60 wrote:Mavy: We have been to both of Dave and Ellen's condos and you can't go wrongl. The condos are very nice and Dave and Ellen are wonderful people. Was there in March visiting them and wish we were back there right now. Enjoy!!!
Thank you for the kind words, Lorrie.

pdxbuff
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pdxbuff » Sat May 23, 2009 2:59 am

Andale's is all you need to know.