Honeymoon where to stay?

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

pnhayden
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Honeymoon where to stay?

Post by pnhayden » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:36 pm

So I have decided to go to PV for our honeymoon. Now I am wondering where should we stay. I am looking for a adult only, all inclusive (international liquor) , on or very near the beach, at least three star, very romantic and great service.
Cost does not seem to be too much of an issue since it seems like most places are still very affordable. We are thinking about 12 days, does this seem like too long or too short?

We will be traveling there the first week of October.
Any location preferred?
Recommended places to avoid?
Thanks.

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:19 pm

Would research Villa Premiere, Dreams, Golden Crown Paradise, Casa Velas, and Hacienda San Angel (very romantic).

Not all of these fit all of your criteria, but I think you would be happy with any of these.

Sally

Sr. Fox
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Sr. Fox » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:56 pm

Casa Isabel would be my choice.
-http://www.casaisabelpv.com/

darla
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by darla » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:34 pm

Dreams is not adult only, so that may not be a good option for you. We've been there four times and absolutely love it, but there are some kids. I've never gone when kids ended up lessoning my experience, but they are allowed. I've seen many good review of GCP and it is adults only.

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:34 pm

You could also rent a condo. Some places like the Sea River Tower in the holiday inn are privately owned condos but you also receive the services of the hotel. There may be other condo hotels in the area. I just don't know what they are. You can check out sites like -www.vrbo.com ; -www.alwaysonvacation.com ; -www.ownerdirect.com ; -www.homeaway.com

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:36 pm

My suggestion is the Golden Crown Paradise which is adults only all-inclusive with all menu dining and 24 hour room service. The staff and serive is wonderful. We have been there 14 times with #15 coming up in Nov. You can also use the facilities next door Crown Paradise Club (the family all-inclusive). Let me know if you need additional information!! Enjoy all that PVR has to offer!!

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:17 am

12 days is not too much time, in my opinion not nearly enough. you'll only need 1 or 2 days to fall in love with pv. very romantic place for a honeymoon. good choice!!!!

MstrMstr
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Nice/Quiet/ No Kids -Private beach

Post by MstrMstr » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:54 pm

Casa Velas Boutique.. on a golf course- very romantic and QUIET..Listed as one of the worlds 100 best places to stay and if you book more than three months ahead you get a great deal- all inclusive. ONLY 400 yards from the beach but they provide transport..In the famed Marina area..
You will Love the Jacuzzi in your suite.
The service is FANTABULOUS .. even if you find time to go fishing and catch a Tilapia, largemouth bass or some saltwater specie, the Chef will cook it up for ya just as YOU like it.. Whoa baby.. I love this place.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:43 am

I can honestly say that this is the first time I have ever heard anything good about this place.

MstrMstr
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

note to ron..

Post by MstrMstr » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:10 am

You need to stay there.. Its not widely known since there are only around 86 guest rooms..a recent name change since the Velas group buyout and not the massive commercialized beach behemoths that normally abound down there(that also includes the Velas Vallarta only 400 yards away.which you also can use for free)... Some folks HAVE to be on the beach, but, I like being near a PRIVATE one.

June 11,2009 voted PV BEST Hotel and TripAdvisor Popularity Index #2
of 109 hotels in Puerto Vallarta..rated 4.5 to 5 depending on the reporting source. I know I just let the gato out of the proverbial bag here because in order to keep the rooms available for us frequent vacationers, we have to keep our opinions on the QT. You may run across someone who has a bad trip, but believe me, it can happen to anyone anywhere regardless.

One of the different things they do is not assign a room, but show you the available rooms and you have your choice and preference.. you get to know the staff by name plus no badgering timeshare junk.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:09 am

June 11,2009 voted PV BEST Hotel and TripAdvisor Popularity Index #2
See what I mean... It was voted the best only one day out of 365 in the year... and even then it was a # 2 poll. Perhaps you could answer an even more important question... Is this place even in Puerto Vallarta, or is out in the boonies somewhere trying to pass itself off as the real thing?

MstrMstr
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

WHERE?

Post by MstrMstr » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:28 am

Its across pelicanos(the road) in the golf course next to Velas Valarta at the marina.
That date was the date of award .. the vote is NOT daily.
You really should stop by

link to Expedia map

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qs ... otelMapsUS

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Standards should be the same each day

Post by ronald » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:39 am

the vote is NOT daily
Why not?