help in choosing a resort...

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

lin7604
PV Fan
PV Fan
help in choosing a resort...

Post by lin7604 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:55 am

i am so confused as to where to stay this time. We will have a 3 year old with us and need a place that is AI, has a gradual entry pool and lots of selection at the buffet for our picky 3 year old.... I am looking at holiday inn, allegro, hola, palladium and possibly royal decameron or samba..... any imput?

oh buffet needs to be open no later then 6:30 as he's in bed for 7ish.

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:40 pm

look at either the Buenaventura or Canto del Sol...not sure on the Buenaventura but the Canto has everything else you mentioned.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:44 pm

We have been to the Melia lots of times including once with the entire family, including the grandchildren, and they enjoyed it immensely.. would definitely fit with all the things you need.. plus the rooms are pretty good, (playpen or bunkbeds)..

We also stayed at the GCP and visited the next door family Crown Paradise daily... there is another nice place to bring your family...

Both of these places are expressly made for families with children... have for hire babysitters available should you wish to go out... and their grounds and activities are made for children. Personally we prefer the Melia, but either one would fit your needs.

condor
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by condor » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:33 pm

The Melia has a great pool and kids club. But not much of a beach. It is located in the marina area and is very relaxing to take a walk around the marina in the evening and look at all the large boats. We have not been there since it was the Melia but it had great food back when it was the Royal Mueva. The Allegro is further north of town I the Nuevo Vallarta area has a nice usually un-crowded kids pool and a kids club where even the little one are taught a dance. Food is good and has a pretty good selection, but can be somewhat predictable. But then I've been going there for 12 years and everything is predictable by now.

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:25 am

The Holiday Inn does not have a gradual entry pool. It does have a great kids pool though. It is very family oriented and has a kids club. The buffet starts at 6:00 I believe. I don't thing the buffet has a great deal of variety from day to day though.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:43 am

Royal Decameron sits on one of the nicest beaches in the PV area..

There are several wading pools... children pool and a play area..
Fries ..hotdoggies...pizza etc are served to little and big picky eaters... :)

I believe there is a block for families..

As far as I know most children's clubs take in children ages 4-12.
Babysitting is available at most resorts..

You probably have fav. floors to stay on at a resort...
I feel taking a ground level room that has a patio facing into the courtyard or pool area would be the best if one has little ones..
They can run around the room without disturbing folks below ..
Most of all it would be great for Mommy and Daddy so that they can feel part of the evening action.... also easy for parents to take turns making cold drink or munchie runs... :) while the little angel is sleeping :lol:

Good luck with your search...

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:36 pm

DELETED

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:47 pm

I will put in another vote for the Crown Paradise Club. They definitely cater to families. My sister and her family were there over Thanksgiving last year and had a great time!! My niece and nephew (especially our nephew) is a very picky eater and he always found something to eat there. They have all kinds of activities for kids and a great pool area for kids 5 and under. If you are interested in the powerpoint presentation, just let me know. No matter what you will love PVR and all it has to offer!! Enjoy!!

lin7604
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by lin7604 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:17 pm

thanks so much for all the info. i totally forgot about the crown and melia. I do think RDC is a better choice for us then hola and holiday inn.... i am now looking into what prices will be like for craown and melia