How can I rent my apartment for the high season?

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

geha
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by geha » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:03 pm

I have a Mexican style 2 bed (sleeps 6) 1 bath + garden apartment right downtowm PV 3 blocks from the Malecon, which I'd like to rent out for the high season. I have an ad on Banderasnews (not many replies), have looked at other rental websites including this one and have spoken to rental agents.

The problem is that I don't have a view nor a pool and it is LESS THAN $600usd per month so the agents aren't really interested.

Can anyone give me ideas?

Does anyone have someone coming down from end Nov thru March/May who needs a clean centrally located fully equipped (including internet and cable) apartment?

Ah I forgot to mention that the place comes with 2 beautiful lazy cats + food
Last edited by geha on Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:24 am

You could start out by posting a free ad on Craig's List and Kijiji. If that doesn't work, maybe -www.vrbo.com would be a good place to post it. Good luck.

geha
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by geha » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:37 am

Thanks. I've tried Craigs list but most of the replies are bogus. Will try kijiji as I've never heard of this.

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:33 am

You could try: Pvrpv.com

They are a vacation rental site specific to the PV area. They used to add their fee onto your price, charging you nothing. Check it out.

Sites like vrbo.com and homeaway.com charge a hefty fee up front.

geha
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by geha » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:23 am

Thanks for your suggestions - have tried PVRPV nice people but not good for a one off situation - too expensive, they charge the owner 20%, and in this economy with so many apartments for rent, I just couldn't raise my price by that much.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:16 pm

geha wrote:Thanks for your suggestions - have tried PVRPV nice people but not good for a one off situation - too expensive, they charge the owner 20%, and in this economy with so many apartments for rent, I just couldn't raise my price by that much.
They also collect the 15% IVA.

Try listing in manoamano.com but I think you are just experiencing the tough economy. Also VacationsFRBO.com

-http://manoamano.com/amarillo/busqueda.php?categ=11
dos recameras, una baño, amueblado, dos mascotas, $7900
Centro tres cuadras de Malecon

Note that your price is on the high side.

geha
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by geha » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:45 pm

Thanks for your advice. I've thought of Mano-a-mano but decided against it as it is only a temporary rental and so would prefer tourists/part-time residents. I'm a little neurotic and think that if I got a local or all year round person then they may not leave when I get back, and I don't want any problems.

The price is NOT high at $7,000 (not $7900) as it is a huge apartment, (3 double beds) includes everything and is only $500 pesos above what I pay. This $500pesos is to pay my neighbour/agent for managing the property/paying the bills etc while I'm away, which I think is very fair.

If you think I'm miss-guided in my thoughts, please let me know. Thanks again.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:19 pm

7000p is not high. I must have made a conversion error from your USD quote of $600.

The reason for ManaAMano is for price range. Although long stays are more common there for sure. PVRPV tends to be a week to a month.

geha
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by geha » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:20 pm

yes it's a mistake should read less than $600 but the less than sign didn't appear, just as I can't use it here either. With the dollar fluctuating it's hard to put a dollar price.

geha
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by geha » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:22 pm

by the way, do you know why I have "beach bum" under my name? I put "teacher" under occupation and work very hard so take exception to it. :lol:

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:59 pm

It's according to the number of posts you have made on this forum. I am a PV Fanatic. Others are PV Guru's and so on.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:46 am

geha wrote:by the way, do you know why I have "beach bum" under my name? I put "teacher" under occupation and work very hard so take exception to it. :lol:
:lol: Very cute...
Well teacher if you do not want to stay a bum you best start posting ..might end up a Venerable PV Semi-God like some folks on this forum :oops: :)

lissette
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by lissette » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:11 pm

You might be able to rent your apartment to me! :)

I will pm you

Lissette

benlagraine
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

for rent?

Post by benlagraine » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:28 pm

Hello!

I am looking for a rental for 6 months starting nov 1 to apr 30 2010. THis will be my 7th season in Paradise!

Do you have more details (picture location, etc) to provide.

THanks!

Benoit

geha
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by geha » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:52 pm

Hi Benoit,

Unfortunately, I just rented my property from Nov to end of Jan and so I'm now looking for someone from Jan 27th to end of March, April or May.

Thanks anyway for your interest.

raghu813
PV Fan
PV Fan

Our condo in Marbella is for rent Nov. 1 thru April

Post by raghu813 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:27 am

It is one of the best situated in Marbella. Two bedrooms, surrounded by towering palms and greenery.

We would like to rent for the season. Anybody interested?

Mike