GCP

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

travone
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
GCP

Post by travone » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:50 pm

Okay, I was going to stay at Dreams, but after reading this board I think I want to try the GCP. I have some questions though and I hope you can help, I am getting conflicting information from some web sites.

1. Are there non-smoking rooms available?
2. Are there safes in the rooms? If yes, does this cost extra?
3. What restaurants are on the GCP property. I know you can use the sister property, but which are actually on GCP property.

Thanks for your help.

pvfunlover
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvfunlover » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:03 pm

1. Yes
2. Yes and No
3. Paradise and Salvadore's Dinner only/reservations required
Bella Vista and Los Gallos All 3 meals no reservations.
Breeze Bar Continental breakfast, sandwiches 11am-5pm,
sushi bar in the evening.
Snack bar that serves tacos,burgers, pizza

travone
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by travone » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:07 pm

Thank you very much. I am going to stay at the GCP. You have been very helpful.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:19 am

Ditto on the above answers that were supplied. BUT: they also have all night room service if you need a hamburger/clubhouse etc after a late night outing and;

The neighboring property (Crowne Plaza) is attached and no more than a 100 foot walk to the best breakfast buffet you can get... and some very lovely restaurants there too. You are allowed to go to these as well. In fact we preferred them, but that's just us. The French themed one had a wonderful menu and served a good wine... they let us come more than once as well.

Enjoy. BTW: if you walk out the main property, go north to the fence where the cruise ships dock, and right to the street, there is a really nice massage place... charged 3 of us a total of $ 100 for a whole hour (on the days the ships are not there), and it felt just wonderful. It's not very far. There is a store after that with an ATM in it as well there.

mjoholske
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by mjoholske » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:47 am

Since they have 24 hour room service, I assume we can have breakfast order and sent to our room by 6:00am???? We are playing golf and probably will need to leave to hotel by 7:00 am....Are taxis easy to get at the hotel at that hour?

policegirl
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by policegirl » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:51 pm

OKay.. i give up?? What does GCP stand for??? :roll:

mikeypv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mikeypv » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:54 pm

Golden Crown Paradise

policegirl
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by policegirl » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:01 pm

:D Thank You!!

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:38 pm

The other place is the Crown Paradise, not Plaza FYI. The GCP is adults only, while the CP is more family. Anyone staying at the GCP can use the facilities at the CP, but not vice versa.

catlee
PV Fan
PV Fan

GCP vs Dreams

Post by catlee » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:39 pm

We stayed at Dreams about 3 years ago and LOVED the food. It was bordering on Gourmet in the evenings and at the specialty restaurants--no plastic AI bracelets, no reservations required. We had to get up early same day to make reservations at GCP. Everything was first class at Dreams, and by comparison, pretty cheesy at GCP. In fact, we would go to the next door CP for the better buffets.

fanlynne
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by fanlynne » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:25 am

Hey,i am new here glad to be here with you.....

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:47 am

Welcome. Lots of good information is available among the posters here.

MRSHOLLYWOOD
PV Fan
PV Fan

RETURNING TO GCP

Post by MRSHOLLYWOOD » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:07 pm

We will be returning to GCP May 29-June 5, 2011 after a 3 yr. absence from PVR 8V8 and we can not wait! It's nice to hear how many love GCP like us. Any new things going on around there?

lorrieann1
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by lorrieann1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:47 am

GCP is our favorite place even though our 1st trip to PV was at Dreams. The staff at GCP just treat you so well that it's tough for us to find anywhere comparable. This year is our 5th trip back to GCP and I am always just as excited as the 1st year we were there. That's what it's all about I suppose!!

tojol57

just back

Post by tojol57 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:38 pm

My Lorrie and I just completed our 20th trip to this resort over the last 13 yrs... it was fantastic as usual... we met so many new people this trip too... Mr and Mrs Crown was just having a blast with the staff...

for those repeaters... Poly is back to work. he is working breakfast buffet in Paradise or breakfast in Los Gallos as well as the dinner s*** for Los Gallos... it is great to have Poly back too... you can tell he was in a very serious car accident that almost took his life a year ago...

more later...

MRSHOLLYWOOD
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by MRSHOLLYWOOD » Fri May 20, 2011 1:27 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

single digits :lol: GCP here we come :wink:

MRSHOLLYWOOD
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by MRSHOLLYWOOD » Wed May 25, 2011 3:25 pm

We love it, this will be our 4th trip to PVR and our 3rd stay at the Golden Crown. The staff is very nice and remember you each time you return, the place is not that big and the location is great, also you can use all the facilities at their sister hotel next door: Crown Paradise.

4 days and counting, I can't concentrate here at work, must get to PVR! 8V8 :P [sun] [sail] [hello]

MRSHOLLYWOOD
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by MRSHOLLYWOOD » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:22 pm

ok, sadly we have returned from GCP, we got back on June 5th, we had a wonderful time, the staff is amazing, our room is awesome, the food is really really good and we can't wait to go back, hopefully in November???

It is a great resort and it's Adults only, so how much better can that be :D

The location is great, close enough to downtown and right next to the Marina which has great restaurants and shops.

Victor "Carlos" the bartender is AMAZING, Poly of course is over the top, Francisco the bellman is so wonderful, everyone is!

Thank you to everyone at GCP for taking such great care of us and working so hard for your guest.