Hotel Oro Verde

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Shimano Penn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Hotel Oro Verde

Post by Shimano Penn » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:35 am

I have not been to PV for 25 years!!!! I am planning to go in January. I used to stay at a hotel called Oro Verde, it was right on the beach on the North shore of the Rio Cuale. I can see it on sattelite image and I met a women from there who told me it is still there, that in fact it's sort a landmark hotel. The problem is I can't find any reference to it online, I'm guessing it's there but has cahnged names? Does anyone know the place I mean? If it is still called Oro Verde can you direct me to a link for it? I simply can't find it by that name :( As always, tia for your help ;)

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:25 pm

There is a hotel very close to where you are describing, called Hotel Encino. If this is not the hotel you are looking for, you could probably email or call there to find out about Hotel Oro Verde.

www.hotelencino.com

good luck!

Sally

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:40 pm

Hotel Rio is another hotel near there. It also has a website.

I found a really interesting article about budget hotels in PV. Go to -www.mexconnect.com and search "budget hotels in puerto vallarta." It will take you right to the article written by Paula Cunningham. Lots of good info in the article.

Sally

Shimano Penn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Shimano Penn » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:45 pm

No, that isn't it. If this link works you can all have fun looking at PV up close :)

-http://www.maplandia.com/mexico/jalisco ... -vallarta/

If you zoom in on the intersection of the beach and the Rio Cuale there is a large rectangular building North of the river, just North of that is a hotel. I think that is it, but again it's been 25 years and my memories of the 80's are a bit blurry ;)

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:37 pm

I believe that building is now condos, with commercial space at the street level. There is a restaurant called Vitea on the Malecon side, and you can see the umbrellas on the image. Vitea has a website; you could call there and ask about Hotel Oro Verde.

Sally

Shimano Penn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Shimano Penn » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:23 pm

Ahh... condos, that would explain why it's still there but yet not there ;)

Great article on budget hotels, I love it ! I'm going alone with just carry on, now I'm thinking I might not even book a room in advance. I may just go and walk around until I find something I like or just book a room for the first night.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hotel Oro Verde

Post by webmaster » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:09 pm

Some are mentioning that the Hotel Oro Verde is the Hotel San Marino (ex- Hotel Delfín) and that it changed to that name after Rafael Caro Quintero bought the place, oro verde being green gold... which you can maybe conclude means marihuana or something like that...

Greetings

M.
Webhamster