Hotel Rio

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Shimano Penn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Hotel Rio

Post by Shimano Penn » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:02 pm

After reading through an exhausting amount of info on budget hotels I think I've decided that Hotel Rio is worth a try. I will be alone and don't need anything fancy, I like the location and it seems to get good reviews. Any thoughts or comments?

stevePVsince1972
PV Fan
PV Fan

nice mexican hotel,clean and friendly

Post by stevePVsince1972 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:58 am

my first time at hotel rio was in 1972,,,i stayed there2 or 3 times a year for many years,,,,,simple but nice,,great little bar ,el navigante,havent been for a while,abour 5 years ,they have upgraded the rooms over the years,,,the pool is very small and shaded,,that is the only negative,,,hotel posada de roger is equally nice and simple ,mexican style, has nice small pool on the top floor,,,,,these are not resort hotels,,,,rogers has great breakfast restaurant,freddys toucan,,,,very safe and friendly, use lock box for your valuables,in any hotel you choose ,,,,,have a grear time,,,

Shimano Penn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Shimano Penn » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:06 am

Funny, I was concerned about just that, from sattellite view the pool does look like it's in the shade. Is Posada de Roger in the same area?

AvaOlivia
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by AvaOlivia » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:56 am

HOTEL RIO rooms have cable t.v., central air-conditioning, telephones, complete bathrooms and balconies. Rooms with kitchenette (refrigerator, microwave, gas stove, etc.) are also available.

stevePVsince1972
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by stevePVsince1972 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:40 pm

posada de roger is across the bridge about 5 - 6 blocks from hotel rio..its any easy walk to everything,,,,,,hotel encino is around the corner from hotel rio ,has a rooftop pool also,,i havint stayed there but an seriously thinking of going there on my next trip,,the rates may be a little lower than hotel rio,,,,,you should ask for a discount if staying more than 2 or 3 days,,most places will give you a break on the rate if you want 6 or 7 days or more,,,,,some offer 4th night free..just be nice,,,,these smaller hotels are great to stay in.......you can easily change hotels after you get familiar with the area,,,,,,have a great trip....