Club Velas Vallarta

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

lks1165
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Club Velas Vallarta

Post by lks1165 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:07 pm

Hi, I was wondering if anyone stayed here before, My aunt gave my husband and I her week timeshare for next May and we have never been to Puerto Vallarta before. What did you like and dislike about the resort?? Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks so much.

rosie

Post by rosie » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:57 am

we have friends that have owned at Velas Vallarta for 20+ years and they love it; we have seen the grounds and have been at a couple of private pool parties with the same friends, the grounds are stunning.

hobyhaus77
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Velas Vallarta

Post by hobyhaus77 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:20 pm

Ask for a room up high.

Hope you will not have to pay all inclusive. It is expensive. For goodness sake, do not buy a unit there. You can go any time of the year through RCI but you have to pay the all inclusive fees which depending on their policy at the time, can range from $80-150 per day per person.

The grounds are beautiful and the peacocks are a funny and loud. Love the iguanas.

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:15 am

I am the friend that Rosie mentioned. We have owned there for 11 years and ready for our 12th visit in 2+ months. Love it. We, as owners do not take the AI, but have eaten at the 2 main Restaurants there and they are good. The Pools and grounds are kept up beautifully. We are always impressed watching the clean up crews from our balcony in the early morning. All in all, it is a great place. Only about a 10 minute cab down to the Malecon and all that downtown and the Southside has to offer. Just a 10-15 minute walk over to the Marina area, with lots to look at.