las palmas by the sea

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

paducah22
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
las palmas by the sea

Post by paducah22 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:43 am

anybody stayed here before? we have never been to pv before, we always go to the riviera maya area so any help would be appreciated! also what is the weather like in the first week of jan? thanks, paducah

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:48 pm

I was actually wondering the same thing. There is a seat sale on now for the place. The whole package is cheaper than a stand alone flight.
Las Palmas Beach Calgary to Puerto Vallarta
Las Palmas Beach 3.5 star
All Inclusive | 08 Jan 2010 | 7 Nights $598.00

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Las Palmas

Post by smitty » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:53 pm

Ronald and paducah22 - I think a 3.5 rating for Las Palmas is a bit deceiving . Ronald if you are comparing Las Palmas with Melia or GCP you will be disappointed same with the mega resorts in the Mayan Riviera . On the positive side - cash in on a great deal - its a very clean resort with an enthusiastic staff - in a great location .

We didn't book at Las Palmas but bought day passes ( 3 days) to visit friends who were staying there . We had other issues with the hotel but I won't get into them here - drop me a pm if you want more info .

Mandater40
PV Fan
PV Fan

las palmas

Post by Mandater40 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:57 pm

The place is fine for what you pay. A 3 star rating may be more accurate.
The rooms may be a bit out dated but very clean. The one week it was quite loud during spring break, but again thats reflective of the price.

The beach area is quite small and needs more furniture. The pools are good, and they actually enforce the no kids rule in the adult pool.

The food is good, but in PV you should not eat every meal at your hotel. There is so many good restaurants.

I did not like that the All Inclusive was done at 11 pm... not a big deal but they do not mention that in their advertising.

For the similar money I recommend the Hola or the Cantos Del Sol