RIU Jalisco

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Randy in MN
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
RIU Jalisco

Post by Randy in MN » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:15 pm

My wife and I will be staying at the RIU Jalisco in Feb. I have a couple of questions for anyone that stayed here. Is there a ATM nearby? Is there a floor or room I could request ahead of time that has a better view or a liitle less noisy? This is one of the common complaints I hear about the Jalisco is noisy people in the halls at night.
Thanks
Randy

JennyB
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by JennyB » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:02 pm

I can see no one helped you out....but maybe you can help me out:) My family and I are going there next month. Any advice/suggestons?

Randy in MN
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Randy in MN » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:36 pm

I'll try and help. We never used an ATM and I did not see one at the Jalisco. The rooms facing the inside/courtyard are noisy in the evening until about 11:30. I do like the view better, the outside rooms face the hotels next door.
No problems getting chairs by the pool or ocean, we usually went down about 8:30 and there was an adundance of chairs. The ocean did have pretty good size waves and was warmer than the pool.
I don't know how old your kids are, but a couple of nights they showed a movie on the beach. The sound system was actually pretty good.
The lunch buffet at the beach was very good had a large variety of foods. From pizza, burgers, hot dogs, chicken , steak, fish, fruit and salads.
Nightly shows were so-so, about 1 hour long, with a band playing before and after.
The sports bar is open 24 hours and has burgers and nachos, that you have to heat up.
Any other questions about the Jalisco, just ask.
Randy