crown paradise resort

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

lpbass3
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
crown paradise resort

Post by lpbass3 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:41 pm

We are looking at taking our children, 9,10, and 12, to this resort in July 2010. Have read mixed reviews, ranging from great to lousy food, to not american friendly. Has anyone been there recently, and have any information that may be helpful?

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:51 pm

We stayed at the adults only Golden Crown Paradise attached to this Crown Paradise last February.. Since we had privileges for the Crown Paradise we ended up going there and in fact stayed there more than at the GCP. We at almost all of our meals at the Crown. The buffet was excellent, and two of the restaurants were the best of all. Very nice beach... all the families and kids were having a ball.... very nice kids play area theme park.

We used to bring our children with us but they are all grown up now.. If we were taking our grandchildren there now it would either be the Crown Paradise or the Melia... with the only determinant being which offered the best rate... As far as the American thing goes, we are Canadian.... they seem to love us... our American friends have had no problems there... in fact prefer these two places, so I think it has more to do with whether you are a typical vacationer or a demanding person... they seem to stereotype those individuals more.

Have fun.

choochiegirl
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by choochiegirl » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:56 pm

stayed here a few years ago, it was ok, but did not go back, the food was decent, the bbq ribs at lunch were great, the rooms, ok, the kids pool area was the best we have seen, however, no place to sit & supervise your kids as there was maybe 3 benches to sit and not too comfortable.

harleygirl
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by harleygirl » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:55 pm

I would suggest keep looking. We were at the GCP from Feb 11-20. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Food was just ok, had to stand in a line each day if you wanted to make reservations for any of the restaurants and were lucky if there were any available. Staff was not friendly at all. If you never experienced many places in Vallarta you may think this place was good. I would suggest checking into Buena Ventura we went there last year and I cannot say enough good things about the staff and the food was excellent with many choices. We were highly disappointed in the GCP.