Choosing a Hotel in Vallarta- HELP!

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

jessica3910
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Choosing a Hotel in Vallarta- HELP!

Post by jessica3910 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:44 am

I am looking to book a fun vaykay to Vallarta-
its me and my mom...who have traveled throughout mexico...
and 1 mother/2 daugthers.. where the daughters have only seen cancun

cant decide between Barcelo Mismaloya- Vallarta Palace- or Marival Resort/Suites...

the goal is to win over my aunt who has never been to Mexico. she has been on cruises and loves everything that they offered, (recreation, food, shows, etc)... but.. she has never been to an "all inclusive" destination, so we want to show her that it can be just as good as a cruise....

one of the daughters recently took a trip to Iberostar Tucan in Playa del Carmen.. and loved it..and that is the expectations we want to meet this time in Vallarta.

so we are hoping for a hotel with that kind of atmosphere.. nothing too posh, but still something to feel like it was money well spent...and always engaging (if you wish to be engaged)

anyyyy feedback would be great! thanks

jessica3910
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

by the way

Post by jessica3910 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:10 am

this might be helpful also!

the moms are in their early 50's
and us 3 girls are in our early 20's!

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:45 am

I'm sure you already understand that Barcelo Mismaloya is south of town by quite a ways, and not really near alot of "action." The other two resorts are in Nuevo Vallarta, a newer area with lots of nice resorts, but far from the quaint town of Puerto Vallarta.

Barcelo Mismaloya, in my opinion, is not even in the same league as the other two, and if I had to choose Mismaloya versus Nuevo, I would choose Nuevo.

My brother and sister in law, hip 30 somethings, have stayed at Vallarta Palace and loved it, and they have high standards.

I don't know anything about the Marival.

Have a great time, whatever you choose!!!
Sally

Mandater40
PV Fan
PV Fan

my choice

Post by Mandater40 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:51 pm

The Barcelo... Neuvo is too far out of town the other direction.

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:13 am

you could rent a condo instead, right in the middle of old town and enjoy the excellent food choices at all the great restaurants, and some condo rentals at the nicer places come with cooks....

aklydia
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by aklydia » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:23 am

we'll be at the barcelo from the 4-11th I'll let you know how I felt it was (I'm 29) although I honestly think I'd prefer being in old puerto vallarta I like being in the middle so we'll be at melia for the second half of the trip.
What exactly are you looking to do while there, like what is the priority list.

vex
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by vex » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:07 pm

Might I suggest another place to take a look at? We stayed at the Villa Premiere last year and really enjoyed it. The rooms were very good, the staff top notch, and the food was excellent! It's a smaller property, but what they lose in size, they make up for in personal service:

-http://www.premiereonline.com.mx/

poppy
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Nuevo Resorts

Post by poppy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:19 am

You can take the bus to town and there are some really great party places in Bucerias, very close to Nuevo. Twisted Rose is great for Salsa, Bucerias Gardens, also great dancing, YoYoMa, great sports bar and pizza, Encore for jazz and on and on. Go to town (PV) and party for sure. Do the art walk and try some great restaurants and hang out on the beach and shop. You can also take the water taxi back and forth for day trips. In the evening, you can all catch a cab back and split the cost. There are so many, many hotels and all inclusives. There is so much to do, you have to keep coming back. You will have fun no matter where you stay. Work with a travel agent and all your questions should be answered before you come.