La Palapa Condominiums on Los Muertos Beach

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Patrickmin1
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
La Palapa Condominiums on Los Muertos Beach

Post by Patrickmin1 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:49 am

Hola!

My wife and I have visited many spots in Mexico since honeymooning in Zihuatanejo 20 years ago.

We dig PV.....stayed in Nuevo Vallarta last year and my wife has us focused on the La Palapa Condominiums on Los Muertos Beach.

I have looked for almost an hour and cannot find an availability.

Any ideas? or maybe a nice alternative on Los Muertos?

Thanks in advance.

See you in March.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:10 am

I went with Pat Jones of Tango Rentals. Staying at Loma del Mar end of February. She did mention that availability was limited in old Vallarta. The second week we are at Playa Los Arcos.

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:00 am

We have stayed in the Playa Bonita building very close to La Palapa, and it was very nice. Through pvrpv.com, we stayed in the Alegria unit. I also see a unit called "Adaba" which looks great. You might tell us when you are planning to go??

Another nice complex is the Selva Romantica complex. Not oceanfront, but up the hill a few blocks from Los Muertos Beach, with nice views of the bay. We will be staying at Casa Dante in March, which is very well priced.

Even if it is only the two of you, search for both 1 and 2 bedroom places, as the prices might be similar. Sometimes there does not seem to be rhyme or reason for pricing, and you might get lucky! Some landlords are more desperate to keep their property rented all the time.

Sally

Patrickmin1
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Patrickmin1 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:39 am

I am really impressed. Two responses overnight! What an active forum.

We will act on those leads today. We plan on being in PV March 1st.

Very interesting watching pricing flights from Michigan to PV going down.

Thank you very much for the follow up information.

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Now that I know your dates, I did some shopping for you. My favorite site is vrbo.com---

These look available March 1 for one week, but some like to rent Sat to Sat. Would ask the owner for an exception if you want to arrive on March 1. I included only places that seemed to be under $200 per night.

Property numbers can be entered on the home page.

#41385 Playa Bonita building near La Palapa

#182131 and 69407 both in the Selva Romantica complex that I mentioned in my previous post. These look awesome!

#12792 in the Vista del Sol building. Really nice, a few blocks north of La Palapa but right there near the river, on the beach.

#137888 in the Villa Blanca building. We have stayed in this building before. It is very cute, great price! It is a bit south of La Palapa, and not right on the beach, but you can walk down to the beach in 2 minutes.

#270494 I'm not sure what building this is, but looks great!!

Happy hunting!! Have a great time! I love PV!!

Sally

Patrickmin1
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

wheww...

Post by Patrickmin1 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:17 pm

Wow and thank you! VBRO.com is terrific. Lots of good rentals.

Now the flights got weird on us. We can fly direct from Detroit, but getting back looks like a nightmare.

We are going to play the waiting game to see the prices go down 14-21 days before March 1st. Then we will book something. Wish us luck.

"It always comes out in the wash."