Playa del sol Costa Sur / Howard Johnson

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

edandkaren
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Playa del sol Costa Sur / Howard Johnson

Post by edandkaren » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:51 pm

My husband I just returned from this hotel/resort. This was actually our third trip there as we are owners there also. EVERYONE at the resort has some intestinal bug. People are throwing up and can't leave their rooms. I spent 4 hours from PV to Seattle in the airplane bathroom vomiting profusely. My husband and sister are also sick. I've been to the Dr., Urgent Care and had to have lab work done. I am finally starting to feel somewhat okay again. But please, STAY AWAY from this place. I know my husband and I won't be going back even though we own there.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:52 am

There is a stomach virus going around right now that includes vomiting/diarrhea and lasts from 24 hours up to a week. It could just be that someone brought it on vacation with them and then passed it around.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Bugs

Post by smitty » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:42 pm

Edandkaren - I hope you are both back to normal health . Sounds like a norwalk type virus that often hits the cruise ships . What an awful way to spend a holiday . :shock:

glacierroasters
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: Bugs

Post by glacierroasters » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:35 am

smitty wrote:Edandkaren - I hope you are both back to normal health . Sounds like a norwalk type virus that often hits the cruise ships . What an awful way to spend a holiday . :shock:
Agree,

and they do host many many cruise ships groups for tours of the property and sales presentations...as well as lunch and swim on a private beach kind of thing. (any and all resorts need this biz right now, bad!)

I am also an owner, and just returned from 10 days there...there was and never has been a problem with this place, I doubt there is now either, despite people being ill...that a bug is going around!

It is no bueno!!!!

It happens...it is not always "Mexico" or one particular place (Costa Sur)!

I'm sorry for your illness...I know how that is, but to blame it on the Costa Sur??? let alone that it reflects on the hard working wonderful people that work there?

Especially as owners...I don't understand trashing them publicly....they are great people and go over and above working for their customer/friends year in year out.

my 2 cents

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:39 pm

My husband I just returned from this hotel/resort. This was actually our third trip there as we are owners there also

Hmmmm third trip there...The other two were fine??? These things can be picked up anywhere. Maybe someone brought it with them on the plane...Never stayed there but then I'm a downtown girl, eating downtown street food..lol...never been sick yet!
Last edited by chrisnick on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glacierroasters
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by glacierroasters » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:35 am

chrisnick wrote:I'm a downtown girl, eating downtown street food..lol...never been sick yet!
mmmmmmm...street food!

This is my favorite - Tacos De Morales!

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:16 pm

What is this one close too?

glacierroasters
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by glacierroasters » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:56 am

chrisnick wrote:What is this one close too?
at the corner of Constitucion & Francisco I Madero (on the NE corner)

Amazing!

order a couple tacos to start...and immediately then order a Quesadilla.

I tried one of everything..and every sauce over a weeks time -

WOW!!!

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:54 pm

I only have one word to say.... "YUMMMMMM!!!!"

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:26 pm

We were at Howard Johnson's for the first 2 weeks in Feb. There were a 2 or 3 people sick. However, I had the bug a week before we arrived while we were still in our condo at the Sea River Tower in the Holiday Inn. I heard of a few others there that had been sick also. People are in pretty close proximity at Howard Johnsons and I am sure it was just a bug that got started, like can happen anywhere.

They are renovating the units there which are in very, very bad need of this. When they are done, it will be very nice as the pool and lounge areas are great! I hope they get the sewage smell taken care of. (Although they say it is just run off from the hills above.)