The three Riu's... can you help me pick?

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

mexicodrmr
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
The three Riu's... can you help me pick?

Post by mexicodrmr » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:29 am

Hey there... looking for some feedback on the three Riu's... from what I've seen think we like the Jalisco best but the travel agent is recommending the other two because they're "newer and nicer"... any feedback on these three properties?
Riu Jalisco
Riu Pallace
Riu Vallarta

johnie D
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Riu's

Post by johnie D » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:46 pm

I've stayed at all three and my choice would be Riu Palace - Riu Vallarta - Riu Jalisco. When you stay at the Palace you can go to the Vallarta and Jalisco for meals and drinks.

mexicodrmr
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by mexicodrmr » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:55 am

Really? We were leaning towards the Jalisco... I noticed the palace only has one restaurant? What causes you to like the palace better? Are they all next door and easy to get from one to the other? Thank you so much for the feedback- I'm happy to get to talk to someone who has been to all three! Any detailed info/advice etc. you have on the properties would be great :)

johnie D
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Riu's

Post by johnie D » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:27 pm

The RIU Jalisco rooms need to be redone. I've stayed at the Jalisco 7 times but I would not go back until they do a big reno.The Riu Palace has 4 restaurant and the main buffet.All rooms at the Palace are junior suites.The food and drinks are top shelf.The Jalisco and Vallarta are a very short distance from each other.The Palace is a 5 Min. walk from the Jalisco.