How much should I budget on per day in Puerta Vallarta?

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

jrose1992
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
How much should I budget on per day in Puerta Vallarta?

Post by jrose1992 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:33 am

I'm fed up of the cold up here (Canada) so I'm thinking about getting some people together and taking off in the summer to Puerto Vallarta. First time I've ever done anything like this without parents (17, will be 18 by summer) and I'm wondering about how much it's gonna cost.

The "hotel" mainly is just somewhere to sleep. I don't care if it's a shack as long as it has a bed.

How much to budget on daily for activites/food/drinks and whatever. Is it cheap? Would $100 USD/day suffice?

How much a day for activites? (I'd be looking at golf maybe once or twice, jet ski a couple of times, spending money, nightclubs probably every night, some cocktails at the beach and general activity money)

How much for taxis to and from the airport?

How do you get about? Is the entire resort walkable? Is it all concentrated in one place? How much to get from the airport to the resort?

How much all in all assuming I want to eat, sleep and do activites should I budget on per day for 1 person?

Thanks for all help!

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Do some homework first

Post by oneistwo » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:29 pm

At the top of this page you'll see links. I'd suggest starting with Map, then Fast Facts, and What to Do. If you Google Puerto Vallarta you'll find even more. Then do some searches on this forum. Cab fare, e.g., is a frequent topic.

Also, go to weather.com and plug in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico and get the average temps for the months you want to go. Humidity starts getting higher in summer too.

Others, year-rounders in PV, might be able to answer your $100 question. My guess is in summer when room rates are generally lower, and always several ways to economize on food, you might be able to squeak by. If you stay out of the places that cater to the 18-23 set.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:06 am

Try clicking on the tabs for hotels and resorts and tours on this website. You will get an idea of range of prices on rooms and activities.

You might try Hotel Paloma Del Mar...it is a basic Mexican hotel, rooms are small but it is very clean and secure. Nothing fancy but also a decent location for walking to the malecon and the bus runs south toward the malecon and the south side, coming back north it stops a block away. Buses run everywhere and are your most inexpensive form of transporation besides walking. Just be aware it is going to be really hot and really humid in July so make sure you drinks lots of water to keep hydrated. Alcohol will dehydrate you.

The club scene will get expensive on a nightly basis on a budget of $100 a day for lodging, food activites, drinks on the beach and clubs. You also did not say if you were sharing room expenses with a friend which would cut that expense in half.

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:26 am

golf is expensive in pv. nice courses but you will pay. and if you're coming in summer you need to get an early tee time because it will be cooking. sometimes you can find deals but look on paying in the neighborhood of 100 usd for a round.

GWENDAMAE
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

budget

Post by GWENDAMAE » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:05 am

$ 100 a day let you havee nice time after hotel is paid for.
if you have any special interest you need 4200 more. it is up to you
which way to go
mother

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:50 pm

I think she means $200 a day more. You can eat well for 600p per couple but if you drink then the sky is the limit.