Sheraton or Buenaventura?

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

b8sehead
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Sheraton or Buenaventura?

Post by b8sehead » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:40 pm

Hi All,
I've been to Puerto Vallarta sevral times and have stayed at the NH Krystal, Westin Regina, Fiesta Americana, and Sheraton. I really like the location of the Sheraton as it's walking distance to the Malecon strip. I have been reading that the Buenaventura is also nearby, but have never stayed there. What would you recommend? Also, is there any other nice hotels in that vicinity? I will be going with a group of males/females for Memorial Day. Thanks.
-Eduardo[/b]

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:59 pm

Might want to check out the Villa Premiere also, which is near the Buenaventura, and these two are definitely an easier walk to the Malecon than the Sheraton. You can find more opinions about Villa Premiere and Buenaventura on this forum--- generally good reviews. And you can look on tripadvisor.com. I have never stayed there.

Have a fun trip!! --Sally

chance
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by chance » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:20 am

We have stayed there many times the food is good location is great.
You never need take a cab unless you go north even then you can take a bus. Minutes walk to the Malcon night life.
The beach is alright not great but sandy enough. Rooms were redone a few years ago bar fridge thats stocked every day (AI only).
Depends what you want I like to explore so a room is a room. One exception if you stay there get a room on the south side better views and change rooms if you get a room on the main road it can get noisy either the north or south side you do not get the road noise. Two bars pool side one upper on lower all in all a nice place. TheVilla Premiere right next door have stayed there to (AI) all I can say is nice ocean front room
jacuzzi and you can use the facilities at the BuenaV also as they are sister hotels. Hope this helps either way you will be there and I will be here
Enjoy. :)

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:04 am

go southside...los arcos, tropicana, rent a condo, be right in the middle of the action....

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:05 am

"We have stayed there many times the food is good location is great."

Where, chance, where have you stayed? Chuck... 8)

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:16 am

"We have stayed there many times the food is good location is great."

Where, chance, where have you stayed? Chuck...
I thought I was the only one that was lost? :D

chance
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Buenav

Post by chance » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:49 pm

Maybe I should have clarified that Stayed at the BuenaV maytimes and the Villa Premeire next door a few times 8)

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:15 pm

:D I'm not lost anymore.

b8sehead
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by b8sehead » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:17 pm

thank you all for your responses :)

RobR1
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Buenaventura

Post by RobR1 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:03 pm

The Buenaventura is a very nice hotel. The beach a little small, nice pool and a wasted pool setup for volleyball. It is a nice walk to town. The problem we had with the Buena was the obnoxious DJ that started at 10am until 5pm. The music was so loud our room vibrated. It may have been because it was Xmas week that this guy thought he had to entertain all of PV. We are staying next week at the Fiesta where you can a little quiet time to nurse any hangovers

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:15 am

Hey Chance,

Perhaps you want a hotel rather than a house with a private pool, view, and maids, but just thought I would recommend Casa Guacamole, a 4 bedroom home in the center of PV, up on the hill above the cathedral.

You can check it out on www.casaguacamole.com

Looks like Memorial Day weekend is available.

The house is fantastic, and I have been communicating with the owner regarding our upcoming visit in June, and he is a gem!

Have a fun trip!

Sally