BEST BEACH

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Oneroberta
PV Fan
PV Fan
BEST BEACH

Post by Oneroberta » Tue May 04, 2010 5:04 pm

Okay... I am so ready to book this trip.. My husband is stuck on the White Sand Beaches of Cancun... I want the Charm that PV has to offer.. I also wanted to stay at Villa Premiere where we would have a Jacuzzi on the balcony overlooking the ocean.
.. BUT the beach near Malecon really doesnt look that inviting... SOOO to make us both happy, Starting search over for new Hotel.....
Adult orientated
AWSOME BEACH
Willing to take transportation to town...
Please weigh in.....

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Tue May 04, 2010 5:38 pm

SOOO to make us both happy
If he wants to go to Cancun... let him... tell him that PV is a really 'friendly town' if he knows what you mean... and you'll have the time of your life there. I bet he comes along! :lol: :lol:

All kidding aside... PV is a place that both of you will enjoy. As far as the beach goes.... I have always found enough space and decent sand to either lay directly on the sand and get a great tan, or sit and veg on a beach chair (with or without the palapa umbrella). If you are using the beach area to actually do some water activities, then it's a little rocky, unless you go to Las Meurtos beach or head out to Neuvo. Just my two cents.

Oneroberta
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Oneroberta » Tue May 04, 2010 5:44 pm

what hotels are on Los Muertos?

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Tue May 04, 2010 6:15 pm

And therein lies the crux of the matter..........since Playa Los Muertos was developed so many years ago, it is impossible to find modern, new luxury hotels there.......

Playa Los Arcos is probably the best hotel, but I would not necessarily want to stay there. I don't know of a hotel similar to Villa Premiere on Playa Los Muertos. But......you can find really nice condos that are oceanfront (on Playa Los Muertos); you can search on vrbo.com in the Playa Bonita building or the La Palapa building. Be choosy; some condos are old; look for one that has been updated. The Molino de Agua building is brand new and gorgeous, but I think the cheapest place you will find in there is over $200 per night.

If you insist on a hotel, consider Casa Isabel, which is close to the beach, nice views.

I read thru your other posts, and it sound like you enjoy wandering around, trying different restaurants. The Los Muertos area is perfect for this behavior!!

As I told you on a previous post, you would really like the Selva Romantica complex (condos). The pool is really nice with a gorgeous view, and there were NO kids there when we were there. You are two blocks downhill to Los Muertos Beach, and scads of restaurants within a few blocks.

Sally

Oneroberta
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Oneroberta » Tue May 04, 2010 6:35 pm

Thanks Sally ..... Oh the decisions... Here's a silly thought while most people would love to have the convenience of a kitchen or kitchenette that's condos offer.... I don't even want to catch the glimpse of one during this vacation.... Room service is the name of the game ;-)

Oneroberta
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Oneroberta » Tue May 04, 2010 6:54 pm

what are your thoughts on Marina Vallarta?

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Wed May 05, 2010 5:26 am

There are some very nice hotels in the marina, and some people love staying there. I have never stayed there, but I have stayed in Nuevo Vallarta, which has a really nice beach. It is north of the airport.

For me, I really like staying in town, where I can walk everywhere without ever taking a bus or taxi. I am usually on a trip with girlfriends (rather than my husband), and each of us can go off on our own if we desire. Since you and your husband might want to spend 24/7 together anyway, you could stay in the marina, and when you want to go into town, take a taxi or bus, and spend part of the day in town, and then go back to your hotel. There are not as many shops and restaurants in the marina compared to town.

When I am staying in town, I would guess that I come and go from the place we are staying about 4 times per day.

I understand what you are saying about the kitchen!! If you are only going for 4 days, then there is no reason to cook at all!!!

Sally

vallartagirl
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

BEST BEACH

Post by vallartagirl » Wed May 05, 2010 12:57 pm

Stressed out Mom, I am new to the forum but have been travelling to PV for more than 20 years and I have to say, to best suit your needs I would highly recommend Dreams on the south side of town (the old Camino Real). The beach is as good as it gets on the Pacific, the people there anticipate your every need, it's an All Inclusive, but TOP NOTCH ALL THE WAY. You can do very little or join in on their activities. We are timeshare owners, and twice a year choose to stay there instead of using our weeks of TS. Silly it seems, but worth every penny. Every room is ocean front, they have exquisite restaurants, and the staff is by far the best PV has to offer. Since you're going in June, I would think you should be able to get really good rates. And, it's a 5 minute cab ride to old town. Lot's of strolling can be done in old town and it spills right to the Malecon in Centro. My point is, once you're in any part of PV - old or centro - you can walk anywhere. It's not sprawling like Cancun. Just read some of the tripadvisor reviews, you really can't go wrong with Dreams. One last note, it's almost "boutique" like because it is not a MEGA RESORT. Hope it all works out, I too am a mom (kids are grown) but you need some ME time!

Oneroberta
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Oneroberta » Wed May 05, 2010 2:36 pm

Thanks so much for the imput... I am so very excied to see all of PV.... Wish I had more than 4 nights ....

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Wed May 05, 2010 3:51 pm

I was also going to suggest Dreams, but I noticed that you did not want all inclusive. I was looking at the Dreams website, and it is not clear that it is all inclusive. In fact, perhaps they changed their program so that it is not all inclusive?? I don't know.

Dreams is lovely. They also have a special going on right now, buy one night, get one night free, but this can be a little bit deceiving, since as you read further, it states that "the rates have been prorated 50% to reflect the savings." So what was a $500 room is now $250 per night.

If you can swing the $250 per night and Dreams is no longer all inclusive, I would highly recommend it. It is an oasis of luxury and so close to town. It is south of town, rather than north of town, where most of the hotels are.