FRIENDS OF POLY GCP

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

gty98270
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
FRIENDS OF POLY GCP

Post by gty98270 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:46 pm

What has happened to Mr. and Mrs. Golden Crown Paradise. I hope all is well with them. I have not seen them on the page lately and expected them to weigh in on Poly's unfortunate car accident, which I reported and only received one reply to. It is unfortunate that everyone who called Poly their friend have little interest in his time of need. My wife and I, who Poly helped get together, constantly think and worry about him and his future. Golden Crown Paradise will never be the same without him in our opinion. We will be calling him this week if anyone wants to send their regards

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:25 pm

You have to remember this is not the only forum for Puerto Vallarta. Poly has been the topic of several posts on various boards so to say no one cares about what is happening to him is definitely jumping to conclusions. Several other people have talked about seeing him, calling him and planning on visiting him when they get into town again. You are not the only one who cares about him and others have not forgotten him.

I don't stay at GCP, never have but I still followed what happened to him in various posts and hope for the very best for him.

lorrieann1
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by lorrieann1 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:17 am

:( I feel very bad for Poly. He is probably the nicest person we've met at GCP in our travels to PV. I certainly wish him well.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:49 am

It is very tragic what happened to him. The last I read he will never be able to return to work but is recovering slowly.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:43 am

This is the first I read about an accident....I have been off for awhile.. What happened??

lorrieann1
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by lorrieann1 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:13 am

My understanding is that Poly and his family were struck from behind by a drunk driver sometime around June and he sustained a pretty significant head injury and is recovering with time, but it's not known yet if he will ever get to return to GCP. If my info is wrong, I apologize.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:30 am

Does Mexico have any programs like Social Security disability to pay people like Poly? Chuck... 8)

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:29 am

Chuck,
The hotel workers have good health insurance through work and I believe I read somewhere that he is getting some type of disability payments. Last I read he was supposed to undergo another surgery in Sept.