need some help please

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Yada
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
need some help please

Post by Yada » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:22 pm

Hi , first I want to say nice forum:). I have frequented mex for quite a few years and am thinking about visiting pv for the first time. I was hoping to get some insight on where the best part of town to stay in is? as in north south center for best beaches and eating options. We well be travelling with our 2 boys aged 11 and 13. We are not into all inclusives and prefer smaller hotels close to the beach. Also the flights i have so far looked at well be arriving after midnight ,, is there taxis availiable at the airport at this time of morning or night? what is the usaul rate for a taxi ride into town? And what are in your views some decent accomedations that a safe and in a good area. Plaease feel free to add any other input as it would be appriciated to help us make up our minds on this trip. Thankyou :)

iyamscifi2
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by iyamscifi2 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:48 am

i prefer oldtown(south side). look into playa los arcos. it is close to restaurants, buslines, etc. also it is on los muertos beach. i would also check vrbo.com for condos--plaza dorado, visto del sol, plaza mar get great reviews. do yourself a favor also and check this website. a man i know that lives in pv is responsible for this site. he is knowledgeable and helped me when i first started coming to pv. you can also contact jr with any questions. the site is vallarta-info.com

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:48 pm

Stayed at Playa los Arcos last year. It was really nice. I like old vallarta as well as there are sooooo many restaurant options. Plus you are on the malecon and there is always something going on. You can walk wherever you want to go.

The best beaches are north vallarta in the hotel zone or further north in Bucerias which is a nice town to stay in as well.

The yellow taxis are across the walkway from the airport and I was around 100 pesos to old vallarta I think....The white taxis at the airport are nice and about double the price. You can book them through this site or just catch a taxi when you get there.

Ask away or search on the forum here...lots of info to be had.

Yada
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Yada » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:17 pm

Thankyou for the replys still looking ,, we are arriving christmas night for 8 days , i checked out lasarcos,, no rooms avialiable, the hotel does not have to be right on the beach ether , around 100 a night would be nice

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:51 pm

Tropicana is where I am staying in February
It is in the same area. Buenoventura is close to the malecon. Think you can choose non all inclusive. Los Arcos has sister hotels. Did you check out their web site? We are staying in Bucerias the Christmas week.

Yada
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Yada » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:40 pm

yup i did adult only :(

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:09 am

Yada,
Check your private messages.

Yada
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Yada » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:01 pm

thanks Kat its helping a bit

Yada
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Yada » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:18 am

ok so hotel rio it is by the river, like the location I hope its good, thankyou all
:)

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:04 pm

Let us know what its like! Looks like a plain jane hotel but as long as its clean it would be good enough for me!! Location looks awesome!

salena12211
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by salena12211 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:13 pm

I never been there so I can't say much about it. But I can give a reference. One of my friend is running a restaurant there and this will help you out for further guidance.
Last edited by salena12211 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

stevePVsince1972
PV Fan
PV Fan

hotel rio

Post by stevePVsince1972 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:16 pm

i began staying at hotel rio at the young age of 22,,,stayed many time over the years,,,,,great safe and friendly hotel,,its had a few owners since my early visits,,,,many upgrades like ac in the rooms,,still a great little hotel in the center of old town,,,,,,,,the pool is tiny,,,,if you bring your kids you may want to go to tropicanna on los muertos beach , or hotel encino around corner from hotel rio,,,encino has a rooftop pool,,,,a bit larger than hotel rioand tropicanna has a larger pool and a little more resortlike,on the beach,,,it gets hot and humid in pv and the wet pools are very soothing after a hot day in the sun....i am now 61 yrs young and always planning a next trip to my fav place in the world,,pv......have fun,,,,use lots of sun protection
adios

selena5431

Post by selena5431 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:22 pm

That sounds like a great plan!
I don't quite kown the place there,but hope you have fun wherever you go!
maybe looking online will get a good surprise!

Well, good luck with everything... maybe we'll meet up someday!
sincerely

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:08 am

Stayed a the Hotel Rio in April and loved it!! Nice clean hotel. Restaurant was great and very inexpensive...Our room was on the street side and we thought we would have to change rooms because of the noise but we actually loved sitting on the balcony having our pre-dinner drinks and watching a lot of the locals stopping at the Oxo after a day at the beach. Will definitely stay here again!

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:22 pm

Most all of P.V. is safe. The larger resorts in the Hotel Zone are all on or very near the beach and have plenty of activities for kids. Some are A.I. but not all. and a bus ride into town is a great great chance to mix with the local culture and only costs 60 cents (that may have gone up a bit). Taxi rides from the hotel zone are about 13.00 I think. There are so many great places to eat (and drink) that I would never want A.I.