Canto Del Sol Plaza

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Jacklyn
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Canto Del Sol Plaza

Post by Jacklyn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:39 pm

Will be staying here the week before Easter on a timeshare exchange. The only place we could get with two bedroom suite without waiting until 6 months before our date. Since it is around Easter, decide to take a chance on this place. So what is the time share side like? Also, how close is it to catch a bus to Mega and the Malecon area? Any other information would be great. Like a favorite taxi driver to take us on a city tour or other tour.

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Re: Canto Del Sol Plaza

Post by tandr2 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:25 am

Jacklyn wrote:Will be staying here the week before Easter on a timeshare exchange. The only place we could get with two bedroom suite without waiting until 6 months before our date. Since it is around Easter, decide to take a chance on this place. So what is the time share side like? Also, how close is it to catch a bus to Mega and the Malecon area? Any other information would be great. Like a favorite taxi driver to take us on a city tour or other tour.
Are you staying at the Canto or Villas Vallarta? They both have Timeshare units.

Canto does not have a 'timeshare side' - just the rooms at the end are Timeshare I believe. To get a bus, you walk 3 mins to the main road and catch a bus to downtown...Mega is within a 5 min walk towards downtown.

We've been 6 times and we love it...Jorge and Jose are the pool waiters - they love what they do and are always smiling.

Jacklyn
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Jacklyn » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:18 am

Not sure, it just sayus Canto del Sol Plaza Vallarta. Like I said it is a trade. All I know is that it is a two bedroom/ 2 bathroom suite.

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:37 am

Jacklyn wrote:Not sure, it just sayus Canto del Sol Plaza Vallarta. Like I said it is a trade. All I know is that it is a two bedroom/ 2 bathroom suite.
I'm sure it's the Canto then...I personally don't like the Villas - it's very spread out so you do a lot of walking.

The Canto is a good hotel...make sure you tip and you'll be taken care of.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:41 am

I can only assume it is Canto del Sol. The two plazas in that immediate area are Villas Vallarta and Plaza Pelicanos. What exchange company did you go through? Canto del Sol is not in the latest Interval exchange book, I looked to see if I could find it and give you more info but it isn't one of their exchange properties.

Jacklyn
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Jacklyn » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:38 am

This exchange was thru El Cid which uses RCI.

Jacklyn
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Jacklyn » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:40 am

WE always tip well and we really don't mind walking if it is spread out. We need to burn off some of those Margaritas and that great Mexican food.