Hotel Rio? Los Cuatro Vientos??

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master
Hotel Rio? Los Cuatro Vientos??

Post by chrisnick » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:27 am

Anyone got any info?? Cheap??

stevePVsince1972
PV Fan
PV Fan

hotel tio

Post by stevePVsince1972 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:34 pm

first stay at hotel rio in 1973,,,,$8us per night,,,,back in the days when there was a farmer with chickens living across the street between the hotel and the ocean,,,only one bridge for cars o cross the river......what great memories,,,i stayed many times over my earlier years,,always great safe and secure.....rooms have been updated with air cond units,,,same great friendly service......the location isgreat close to malecon,,,shopping and old town,,,,nice jazz bar on site , and and excellant reasonable restaurant
only negative is the swiiming pool is small and doest get much sun....i think the rates are in the 40-60us range
,,,they have a website hotelrio.com
good luck ,suerte

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:55 pm

Pretty sure I'm gonna book this one...Think its around 60/night. I have walked by this hotel many times and it looks cool..plus I have talked to people that still stay there every year and love it! Location is perfect as we spend a fair bit of time at some bars in the area (Roxy's, Day Off Beach Bar). Also....kind of in the middle for when we walk all the way to Bodeguita del Medio...And no.....I don't just go to bars...Have stayed at Los Arcos, Tropicana, condo at Loma del Mar...this would be a nice change.

Thanks!