Hotel Eloisa

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

canucker
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Hotel Eloisa

Post by canucker » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:02 am

We are planing a return to PV after 5 years. We looked at the Eloisa in Old Town and really want to stay in the area. The concern I have is the night life noise from the clubs. Can anyone who has stayed there let me know if there is a problem with the noise?

Thanks,

Ian

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Kathy and I have stayed there twice. On the third and the forth floors facing the park area.in a suite. Never a problem from any sort of noise, although to be fair, we both have a slight hearing loss.

It is a very nice hotel, nice location and very friendly staff. We really didn't have anything to complain about. The shallow pool and lounges on the roof are very nice. It is a very "Mexican" hotel.

Concidering the price, location and all other factors, it is a very good choice. Have fun! Chuck...

8)

canucker
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by canucker » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:02 am

Thanks Chuck. We took a look at a suite when we were down 5 years ago. We got a good impression right away. The only concern was the nightlife noise from the clubs in the area. With that not being an issue, it looks like that's the place.

Traveller 1999
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Eloisa Hotel

Post by Traveller 1999 » Sat May 11, 2013 11:21 pm

Stayed there the last 2 years, for the month of February. Loved it, so close to everything. Friendly and clean.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sun May 12, 2013 12:09 am

Canucker,
When are you planning on going?

I know this past high season, that is just ending, people were talking about various music concerts, dancing, etc. being held in the park until 10-11 PM. Also they had Zumba classes that started at 8 AM. Apparently it wasn't as much of an issue if your room didn't face the park.

I don't know how early you go to bed or get up, and I don't know if it is continuing during slow season.

canucker
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by canucker » Sun May 12, 2013 2:48 am

Thanks katnsocal,

We usually take our trips mid to late March. The shows at night won't be a problem, we will probably be watching. We are by no means nighthawks but 11:00 is bearable. 8am is sleeping in most days.

If it is the same show when we were there last in front of Roberto's Shop isn't every night. That may have changed since, but no biggie.

Our main concern was the 2, 3 & 4am partying waking us up and keeping us awake until the wee hours.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Sun May 12, 2013 2:19 pm

Zumba classes are still being held in the park at 8am, 3 times a week.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon May 13, 2013 3:50 am

This post from someone that just returned from PV posted this today on TA says the classes are daily, not 3 times a week.

May 12, 2013, 9:50 PM
Just returned from PV (May 2013) and I found the outdoor Zumba classes at Lazaro Cardenas Parque by accident. They were great fun, ran daily just after 8 am and you could pay as you go. It was very inexpensive (15 pesos for one class or 50 pesos for the week). No sign up; just show up and pay your 15 pesos. Very enjoyable and a great way to start the day.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Mon May 13, 2013 6:01 pm

I am in PV and we meet at the park to go walking at 8:30 am.

Thanks for the quotes kat. Keeps us all aware of your cyber life.

(I think they have cut back because there are fewer people here now.)

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue May 14, 2013 12:46 am

Keith,
Excuse me for posting the answer to another posters question. From now on I will ask your permission first before I read or post anything.

You who plastered your woe-is-me complaint about your dinner experience on every PV forum you could find should talk. Your continuous posts on various forums about all the restaurants, stores, bars makes one wonder why you are in Vallarta at all.

Don't think your "two week wonders" comments about people visiting PV have gone unnoticed. I just love it when I get to sit back and watch someone insert their foot in their mouth. You seem to think you are the only one that owns property in PV. Yes, I pay attention to what is going on in town, I have a vested interest in what goes on and I don't announce all over the forums when I go to PV. I could be in town right now and you would never know it. :)
Last edited by katnsocal on Tue May 14, 2013 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

canucker
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by canucker » Tue May 14, 2013 1:08 am

Either way, 8AM 3 days or 7 days a week should not be a problem as long as we aren't kept awake all night by the nightlife.

SALUD

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zumba

Post by webmaster » Tue May 14, 2013 6:13 pm

Do the zumba guys/gals use a really strong PA system? or just a "ghetto blaster"? Maybe it'd be an idea to join in, that way you can eat more dessert on your stay :-)

Greets

Mogens

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed May 15, 2013 2:52 am

I have a friend that has one of the classes set up in front of her house. She says she can't hear her TV when the classes are going. There is a big push by the city to have these classes as a way for the citizens to exercise. They are held in several locations around town. Kinda like when they shut the road from the Marina to the Stadium every Sunday morning so people can walk, jog, bike, etc. it is fun to watch the parents out there with their little kids on their bikes and tricycles.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

ok

Post by webmaster » Wed May 15, 2013 9:06 am

So then they ARE loud...

Exercise is good, would be better if you could ride your bike through town without being run over. I always tell the tale of my visit to Dallas where I was walking from one mall to another and the sidewalk just vanished... no wonder people are so fat there, they force you to drive, walking is a sin :-) and then you can buy yourself to "skinniness" by purchasing the newest diet fad.

Greetings

Mogens

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Thu May 16, 2013 2:22 pm

It is not a ghetto blaster but a pretty good sound system. I would guess that the only people disturbed by it would be light sleepers in the NE corner of Plaza Dorado. They were there on Monday but not on Wedneday.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Thu May 16, 2013 2:28 pm

katnsocal wrote:Keith,
Excuse me for posting the answer to another posters question. From now on I will ask your permission first before I read or post anything. :)
You seem to think that postings from someone else carry more weight than actual observations. I guess we should consider you a "destination expert".

I participate in these forums to help improve the experience of anyone in PV, visitors and residents alike. What is you objective?

mikeypv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mikeypv » Thu May 16, 2013 3:20 pm

I think that Kat's answer was on point and your snarky, condescending answer about her posting habits/destination expert status was uncalled for.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Help

Post by webmaster » Thu May 16, 2013 4:40 pm

I guess all post to help in one way or another, if someone says something wrong, there's no issue in correcting, but there's really no need to get into a fight over it... no?

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Re: Help

Post by kcowan » Thu May 16, 2013 5:40 pm

webmaster wrote:I guess all post to help in one way or another, if someone says something wrong, there's no issue in correcting, but there's really no need to get into a fight over it... no?
I was posting what I experienced with my own eyes. Kat was relying on someone else posting from last week. I know that she is a tireless poster on this and many other boards. What kind of board do you want to run Mogens? Accurate or familiar?

(BTW I thought her last post about me was an unprovoked and unwarranted personal attack. What did you think?)

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Fri May 17, 2013 5:34 pm

In the interests of sorting out this dichotomy, I stopped at the Zumba class this morning in Cardenas Park.

Yes they run it 5 days a week.
No they did not run it on Wednesday (Teachers Day), nor last Friday (Mothers Day). Just check each day because there is always some form of festival going on here.

Today they had cranked up the volume and I could hear it 1.5 blocks away.

So it appears that Kat is more or less correct. (Much as I hate to say it given her behaviour here...)