Buenoventura or Freindly Hola

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

goodvibes
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Buenoventura or Freindly Hola

Post by goodvibes » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:04 am

Requirements for the hotel itself are ocean view, balcony and all inclusive for breakfast and drinks mostly as we will be out and about for most lunches and dinners. The Buenoventura will be about $150 more for our stay which is not a big deal but the Friendly Hola really does seem, well, friendly :D .

The Buenoventura's (south zone) location just seems so good that it may be worth the difference as opposed to the relatively short bus ride from Friendly Hola (north zone). If somebody has any ideas regarding preference of location or the facilities themselves, it would be a great help. There doesn't seem much to choose between them in traveler reviews. Thanks in advance.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Location location location

Post by webmaster » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:44 pm

I know Buenaventura better than the Friendly, but just based on location I'd choose the Buenaventura, that is, of course, if you are the type of people that go out to town a lot and avoid getting sucked into the AI stay locked in in the resort idea of vacations, which I can see you are not :-)

Don't forget to check out our prices at: http://www.puertovallarta.net/accommodations/index.php we just moved the rate system back under our control, I'm not sure just how competitive we are on those specific hotels, but we are working on better rates for the whole list.

Greetings

Mogens
Webmaster

BonnieinChgo
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by BonnieinChgo » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:20 pm

Hi-I am wife of Goodvibes:-) Thanks very much for your reply. We have booked at Playa los Arcos, despite sketchy reviews! We only eat/drink AI on days too lazy to leave. Looks to be ideal location-wish us luck on August weather! Will prob be posting some questions, on clubs, outings, restaurants.....

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

The ultimate location

Post by webmaster » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:29 pm

Los Arcos, now that's right there smack in the middle of Old Vallarta, great choice, you'll have a great time, eating out, partying, bars, everything waiting right outside your door.

I stayed with my family at the San Marino and enjoyed the location too.

Tell me if there are any issues with noise there.

Greetings

Mogens

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:10 pm

Just keep in mind that all reviews are written my people with personal experiences. Good ones and bad ones. Many times their experiences are based upon their own attitude and how they interact with people. Reviews are NOT objective. They are always subjective.

I am sure that if you understand the Playa Los Arcos is a Mexican hotel, staffed with Mexicans, you will have the ability to have a great time. Chuck... 8)