Grand Marival Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

akwilkes
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Grand Marival Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta

Post by akwilkes » Tue Jan 02, 2001 8:27 am

Interested in visiting this particular All Inclusive Hotel for two weeks in the next year. There will be 4 couples going together & we would love to have some info. on this place. Is the food good? Are all the activities promised in the all inclusive package worth while? Are the staff friendly? Is there any shopping near by? How about the golf courses in PV? I've heard it can been expensive going back & forth into the town. Is that an issue? Also, does the tours leave from this hotel or do you have to get into town to meet up with the tours? Would appreciate any info. anyone can give. Thank you in advance.

Jerry

Re:Grand Marival Hotel in Nuevo Vallarta

Post by Jerry » Wed Jan 03, 2001 8:36 pm

Hi,

We stay at Paridise Village just down the road.
AS far as getting into town - use the bus it can be quite an adventure and is about a dollar each way. The busses are independantly owned and are clean.
We have found that most tours start from the hotels.

Have fun,

Jerry

Samhill

Post by Samhill » Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:07 pm

I am on my way back to Puerto on Jan 24. Have never stayed at the Marival, but have stayed at 3 other hotels in the Nuevo Vallarta area. They were all great. The Allegro, Royal Decameron, Eden Sunset. We are going back to the Allegro this year (our favourite) food was great at all. I would only stay in the Nuevo Vallarta area it is private, but close to town. Has it's own water filtration. Beach is clean and gorgeous. You can't go wrong!!!

Mark

Samhill

Post by Samhill » Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:07 pm

I am on my way back to Puerto on Jan 24. Have never stayed at the Marival, but have stayed at 3 other hotels in the Nuevo Vallarta area. They were all great. The Allegro, Royal Decameron, Eden Sunset. We are going back to the Allegro this year (our favourite) food was great at all. I would only stay in the Nuevo Vallarta area it is private, but close to town. Has it's own water filtration. Beach is clean and gorgeous. You can't go wrong!!!

Mark

jason

Post by jason » Thu Jan 18, 2001 5:24 am

we are going to pv in early feb. staying at the Las Palmas all inclusive.
know nothing about it but have friends who just moved there and love it. they own two nightclubs/restaraunts. i tried to check out every resort there and thiught that Marival was just a bit too far from town.... have fun.