Info on Nuevo Vallarta

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

brian
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Info on Nuevo Vallarta

Post by brian » Sun Jan 14, 2001 6:54 pm

We are a family of six. All four children are teenagers. We are planning a vacation to the Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta in Dec/2001. We are looking for information regarding activities that are cost included at this hotel. What activities are in the area and what are the costs? What are the restaurants like? How expensive are they? Does the hotel offer any meal packages? Where are the grocery stores? How about shopping? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

glenkirby
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re:Info on Nuevo Vallarta

Post by glenkirby » Fri Jan 19, 2001 4:46 pm

Brian & Amo I always stay at the Mayan Palace in PV but I know a little about the MP in Nuevo. They have free daily activities on the beach and at the pool. The activities your teenagers would most be interested in would be water polo, beach volleyball. water aerobics and perhaps the spanish leasons. There is a small convienience store on site and it is expensive. There is a grocery store nearby in the new mall at the Paradise Resort with better prices, but the best prices will be in PV at Sams or Gigante. There are regularly scheduled buses going into PV every day. I think they cost 8-10 pesos, the ride takes about 30 mins. Also the bus stop is about a Kilometer from the Resort. The restaurants and the bars at the MP are over priced, the food is good but not exceptional as the prices would lead you to expect. There are nice local restaurants in Nuevo but the best and cheapest will be in PV especially old town south of the bridge. This is also where you will find the best shopping bargains. I have never had any problems driving in Mx. however parking in downtown PV can be a hassel and like any urban center today never leave anything visible in your parked vehicle. PV,s water system is treated and we have never had a problem getting sick from either the food or water. In Nuevo all the resorts have their own water treatment facilities. If you are still concerned drink bottled water and thoroughly wash all fruits and vegetables. The beach at the MP in Nuevo is huge, I believe it is a mile wide and about 200 yds deep. It is safe to swim there and it is a blast to play in the waves, even for an old buzzard like me. Have fun and enjoy.