holiday inn or blue bay club

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

dk
holiday inn or blue bay club

Post by dk » Thu Jan 17, 2002 8:22 pm

we are planning to go to PV in March with our two kids over 10yrs old. Staying all inclusive but unsure where. Thinking about Holiday Inn or Blue Bay club, something with kids activities. Looking for feedback.

Alain

Re:holiday inn or blue bay club

Post by Alain » Thu Jan 17, 2002 9:20 pm

let me recommend u the Holiday Inn instead of the Bluebay Club.......... Holiday Inn is a pretty nice hotel with 2 pools one for kids the other for all..... a beautiful beach and u r close from downtown(10-15 minutes bus ride)
Bluebay Club is a nice hotel without beach(well sorry tiny one) sun is not there all day cause of the mountains and u r about 30 minutes from downtown

BRIAN

Post by BRIAN » Fri Jan 18, 2002 4:20 pm

i would recomend the holiday inn. better location and facilities. great beach,and staff. i have stayed there many times and returning in feb.02.
lots for you and the kids to do... you will find the blue bay nice but it is at least 30 min south of puerto vallarta which means lot of taxi fares or renting a car.. holiday inn is a 20 min walk to downtown. or you can take a cab for about $3.00 dollars cdn. or a bus for nearly nothing at the end of the drive.enjoy your trip

brian

annimarinski

Post by annimarinski » Fri Jan 18, 2002 6:33 pm

Definitely the Holiday Inn

minrose
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by minrose » Sat Jan 19, 2002 1:00 am

We stayed at the Holdiday Inn just this January. It was a nice hotel, the rooms were nice. We had a nice ocean/mountain view.

The pools were nice, had a volleyball net in part of the pool.
The beach was nice in front of the hotel.

The food in the buffet was pretty good, except most of the time it was barely warm.

The staff was really friendly and helpful.

I would say Holiday Inn would be your choice.

tiedeman
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by tiedeman » Sun Jan 20, 2002 6:07 pm

Over those 2 the Holiday Inn, bonus for the old man with you if he wants to bet on the ponys or dog races thruout the US they have a place to the right of the mane entrance for off track betting

CVtoPV

Post by CVtoPV » Sun Jan 20, 2002 10:18 pm

HORSE RACES?? IS THIS IN THE HOTEL OR ANOTHER BULDING AND DO YOU BET IN DOLLAR OR PESO???

IZZY

Post by IZZY » Mon Feb 04, 2002 4:16 am

sport bar is at the corner of building near the lobby entrance.
betting is in i believe both dollars