DESTILADERAS

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

CVtoPV
DESTILADERAS

Post by CVtoPV » Wed Jan 30, 2002 6:18 pm

Hi all we are staying at the villa delpalmar and have heard on this board that the destiladeras beach is some what uncrowed. My question is how far is this from our hotel and how do we get there. When we do get will we need our towels and are there bathrooms and should we bring our own beers and waters. also we would like to know what are beach clubs?? we have been to cabo and cancun both and have not seen these.. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME PS the web cam is so very cool, makes me feel like i"m almost there. I look at it every day

minrose
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re:DESTILADERAS

Post by minrose » Thu Jan 31, 2002 1:37 am

hi, we were at Destiladeras Beach in early January of this year, it was fairly uncrowded. The sand was powdery soft and there were seashells aplenty. There is a restaurant there, so you can get refreshments there and there is a bathroom also.
We stayed at the Holiday Inn, which I believe is close to your hotel, it was about a 30 minute taxi drive to it. We took a bus back, which was much cheaper.
It is a great beach, definitely worth the trip.

whitewater

Post by whitewater » Thu Jan 31, 2002 5:45 am

Could someone define more exactly where this beach is? I have been to PV twice AND DO NOT RECALL HEARING OF IT!

THANK YOU,
WHITEWATER

bzy1

Post by bzy1 » Thu Jan 31, 2002 6:23 am

The beach is to the north of Bucerias, right past LA Cruz Huanacaxtle-You can get there via the bus (punta de Mita on the windshield) for about 14 pesos, mas o menos.
here's a link that shows pictures and the restaurant menu. The menu is funny, (translations) but the prices cheap, the food excellent!

http://pub69.ezboard.com/ftodopuertoval ... D=17.topic