velas vallarta

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

mikeneubauer
PV Fan
PV Fan
velas vallarta

Post by mikeneubauer » Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:11 am

Hi
Just wondering what this hotel is like? Can you book tours from this hotel? Is the food good,what is the average cost of a meal? Looks like a nice set of pools. We had friends that went to the corona outlet and bought beer then took it down to the pool, is this ok to do.Can you charge food and drinks to your room and pay later? Thanks

loren
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re:velas vallarta

Post by loren » Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:05 am

sparky (Aug 28, 2003 12:11 a.m.):
Hi
Just wondering what this hotel is like? Can you book tours from this hotel? Is the food good,what is the average cost of a meal? Looks like a nice set of pools. We had friends that went to the corona outlet and bought beer then took it down to the pool, is this ok to do.Can you charge food and drinks to your room and pay later? Thanks
Just got back from PV and absolutely loved it. We stayed at Velas and I cannot say enough about the place. Our room was spotless, the grounds are beautiful, the staff was friendly and superb. We were on the AI program because of RCI (mandatory), but we truly had no complaints about the food. Most of the dinners ranged from $18-24 USD at the Andrea Restaurant, and a little less at the seaside Ribiera Restaurant. The most negative thing I can say is the mosquitos in the evening made dining at the Ribiera difficult. Bring lots of Off, and reapply often due to the heat and humidity. Every night the Resort has entertainment in the lobby at 9:30. Always good and fun. I have been in many resorts in my lifetime, and this one is one of my all-time favorites. The staff was more like family. The pools are as nice as the picture and you can swim thru a canal from one pool to the next. There is a travel desk to book tours in the lobby. We went on a Culture and Tequila Tour that was fun and interesting. We did a snorkel trip to the Marietas which was fun, but the snorkeling was not so good, due to the hurricane/tropical storm north in Cabo and Baja. We also did the dolphin swim in Nuevo Vallarta which was awesome. I booked the last two thru Vallarta Adventures and got a 10% discount on-line. Great company.If you have more questions, please feel free to ask. Adios!

LG

Post by LG » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:30 pm

Which rooms/what bldg have the best oceanview rooms? We are in a one bdr suite......

loren
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by loren » Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:01 pm

LG (Jan 05, 2004 01:30 p.m.):
Which rooms/what bldg have the best oceanview rooms? We are in a one bdr suite......
We were in the B building directly facing the ocean and overlooking the pools. I would expect the side buildings to have less of a view. I hope you enjoy your trip.

Sacskip

Post by Sacskip » Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:46 am

We have stayed at Velas twice now and are planning our third in June. I dont remember the bugs being a problem before...hmm. The hotel is very nice. We stayed in the center and also on a side. I actually enjoyed the side building better. Cant say why. Nice place though. Very clean and fun. Enjoy

barbarah
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by barbarah » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:49 am

Leilani, I was at Velas in November and stayed in the "A" building directly facing the ocean and overlooking the pools? Just checked prices and appears to be $700 more for the same dates for this November. Hope my calculator was wrong!

tmp69

Post by tmp69 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:44 am

Thanks for the reviews. We are leaving next week and will be staying at the Velas. Using a friends timeshare through RCI (also doing the mandatory AI) Wondered about the food & drinks... Any recommendations as to "must-try" foods and beverages? I really want to get my 85.00 worth daily! Did you splurge on any of the spa activities? Is the beach area nice? What about snorkeling? Did you find any great places to shop/barter for jewelry and clothing? Is dress casual for dinners at both restaurants or will I need to pack dress clothes? I can't wait to get there.....7 days and counting Thanks again for all the help. I look forward to posting for others when we get back. If any of you are there 3-14 thru 3-21 look us up....we will be the wild ones from Pa.

SUZY

Post by SUZY » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:08 am

tmp69 (Mar 07, 2004 08:44 p.m.):
...we will be the wild ones from Pa.
I just got back in February from 10 Wonderful days spent at the Camino Real... I see you are from Pa. What part? I live in N.Western Pa...40 miles North of Pitts.
I know you will have a fabulous time...who wouldn't in PV...safe travels :-)

SUZY

Post by SUZY » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:32 am

...we will be the wild ones from Pa.
I just got back in February from 10 Wonderful days spent at the Camino Real... I see you are from Pa. What part? I live in N.Western Pa...40 miles North of Pitts.

tmp69

Post by tmp69 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:42 am

A little place called Clarion....ever been there? We are right off I80 This is our first trip to PV. Absolutely love the Caribbean..hope this compares and we are not disappointed!

Bronco9798

Post by Bronco9798 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:49 am

My wife and I will be visiting the Velas Vallarta from March 20-27. We would love to meet other couples for a drink or a night out on the town. Please email us!

tmp69

Post by tmp69 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:29 pm

Bronco9798 (Mar 10, 2004 09:49 p.m.)

My wife and I will be visiting the Velas Vallarta from March 20-27. We would love to meet other couples for a drink or a night out on the town. Please email us!
Will be there March14-21! Look for the ones drinking the most Pina coladas and you will find us!
Looking forward to drinking my AI worth and soaking up lots of rays!!
C-ya there....Have a safe tripdown!

PS What part of the frigid cold US are you traveling from?

Bronco9798@hotmail.com

Post by Bronco9798@hotmail.com » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:41 pm

We will be coming down from Vail Colorado. How about you? How else will we recognize the two of you?

tmp69

Post by tmp69 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:43 pm

[Bronco9798@hotmail.com (Mar 11, 2004 05:41 p.m
We will be coming down from Vail Colorado. How about you? How else will we recognize the two of you?

We are from Western Pa. traveling with another "30 something" couple. Look for the very relaxed, suntanned little Italian. Most likely we will be the ones at the pool harassing others and causing them to have a good time....been known to start a few beach parties/dance circles last vacation. We are leaving on the 21st, so we will probably be drinking heavily, trying to forget we have to get back to reality the next day. Being responsible parents and going back to work....ouch I think I need another margarita!

tmp69

Post by tmp69 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:05 pm

[Bronco9798@hotmail.com (Mar 11, 2004 05:41 p.m

We are from Western Pa. traveling with another "30 something" couple. Look for the very relaxed, suntanned little Italian. Most likely we will be the ones at the pool harassing others and causing them to have a good time....been known to start a few beach parties/dance circles last vacation. We are leaving on the 21st, so we will probably be drinking heavily, trying to forget we have to get back to reality the next day. Being responsible parents and going back to work....ouch I think I need another margarita!

goodtymeePV

Post by goodtymeePV » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:01 pm

Thanks for the reviews. We are leaving next week and will be staying at the Velas. Using a friends timeshare through RCI (also doing the mandatory AI) Wondered about the food & drinks... Any recommendations as to "must-try" foods and beverages? I really want to get my 85.00 worth daily! Did you splurge on any of the spa activities? Is the beach area nice? What about snorkeling? Did you find any great places to shop/barter for jewelry and clothing? Is dress casual for dinners at both restaurants or will I need to pack dress clothes? I can't wait to get there.....7 days and counting Thanks again for all the help. I look forward to posting for others when we get back. If any of you are there 3-14 thru 3-21 look us up....we will be the wild ones from Pa.
Hey TMP69, If you're checking this site during your trip, we are going 3/20-3/27. We're from MD and currently living in DC. Feel free to look us up as we'll be at the Velas also staying with the RCI AI deal. Look us up too! I'll most likely be the young drunk female in the pool!!!

Bronco9798@hotmail.com

Post by Bronco9798@hotmail.com » Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:12 am

Hey goodtymeePV! We will also be at the Velas Vallarta March 20th - 27th on an RCI exchange. We are from Colorado, and are hoping to meet other couples during our stay. I hope that you see this before you leave. Three more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!