Camino Real or Marina area?

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

rob_d
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Camino Real or Marina area?

Post by rob_d » Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:31 am

We have been to PV 5 times and have always stayed in the Marina area. I would like to try the Camino Real this year and would love to hear some feedback. The things we like about the marina area is that we can walk there for breakfast, misc supplies, etc., and that we don't feel totally dependant on taxis for mobility.
I would really love to experience the other end (is it the southern end) of PV.
My big question about the Camino Real is, Is there anything within walking distance? Or once we check in are we dependent on motor transportation?

Thanks

carolseashore
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re:Camino Real or Marina area?

Post by carolseashore » Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:27 am

We stayed at Camino Real in March which was our first time in PV. The hotel is a very nice resort, we did take cabs everywhere we went. The road is not a good place to walk because of the flying traffic. We are going back next March renting a condo in the Marina area.

momofka

Post by momofka » Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:46 pm

We stayed at the CR a year ago February and are going back in November. Cal is right about the traffic and taxis, but to us they were more than offset by the private beach and quiet. You can catch the bus, too. We went into the Los Muertos area every day. You might want to look at that area if walking to everything is important.

susana

Post by susana » Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:23 pm

I'm a big fan of the south part of PV. Having said that, the Camino Real is not a reasonable walk to town. There are frequent cheap local busses (or taxis) and it is not too far in distance at all. But it is along a busy highway, with little or no curb, so thought possible, not pleasant to walk.

Might you want to consider someplace actually on or near Playa Los Muertos, then you can easily walk to anywhere in Old Town/El Centro?

I have only stayed at the Marina once, and I didn't care for it as it seemed 100% for tourists, where downtown was a mix of local people and visitors both.

Annie

Post by Annie » Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:25 am

I just love the location of the Camino Real. It is a very short taxi or bus ride into town MUCH shorter than from the marina. And, the downtown area is the place to be for dinners or just to stroll in the evenings. I also have stayed in a condo in the Los Muertos area in town and loved it there, also. I think you will be happy with either of these choices.