AI hotel drinks

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

canada
AI hotel drinks

Post by canada » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:34 pm

I was just wondering if somone could tell me if the all inclusive hotels are strict about the hours that the free booze goes to. I stayed at the sun getaway last year and the drinks never stopped. I was thinking about trying a different hotel this year but I want to drink as much as I want when I want. If somone could help me that would be great.

helenf
PV Guru
PV Guru

Re:AI hotel drinks

Post by helenf » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:06 pm

Each AI hotel is different. I too have stayed at the Sungetaway along with 3 other AI resorts in the area. The Sungetaway serves alcohol later in the evening than most. We have stayed at a couple where the booze is only served until 11:00pm. If you stay at a resort that has their own disco, then they usually include your drinks there and that will go until 2 or 3:00am. (Ie. Royal Decameron in Nuevo). Just check the hotel web sites and they should say the times that they close down the AI bars.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by smitty » Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:18 pm

Your point of drinking as much as you want when you want brought back a funny memory. About 4yrs ago we were staying at Qualton and encountered some hard drinking Swedes. These 2 guys were drunk from breakfast till cutoff-10 or 11 pm. Every morning at breakfast they would be demanding beer from the waiters. I seriously doubt that either remembered the vacation at all. My suggestion- get a bottle from duty free for your room or buy a case of beer from the Corona factory by Gigante.

JEAN

Post by JEAN » Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:59 pm

We stayed at the Grand Vallas. And it was 24hrs. What ever you want. If you are going to stay any where I would highly recomend this place. It was the best vacation I have ever been on. Have a good time. Wish it was me going. later. Jean

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:37 pm

Yes each AI hotel has different rules... CPR, where we stay at you can drink until 200 am over at the Factory Club, and the resort does have 24 hr room service... One group that was at our hotel a couple of years back, went up to their rooms to play cards, and room service was bringing them food and drink until 400 am when they finally crashed... they weren't worth a s*** that next day... but they said they had fun.... you just need to check with the resorts website, or their guest relations manager....

jminchow

Post by jminchow » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:28 am

my view of an AI? get out of the hotel and go on vacation. you don't need an all inclusive to have a good time. stay dnwntown, in old town or in the hotel zone. get a cooler if you need to and have a good time. the drinks at an AI are watered down...the beer is your best bet... the food is filler food. if you want good eats, head for old town accross the river and pig out. good food, great price and a good time. you might think your in mexico.

pvkiindaguy

robin1

Post by robin1 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:10 am

The person who wrote the above post must have either never stayed at an AI or stayed at a very cheap one.

If you want a good AI you get what you pay for ...I stay at the CPR and the drinks are great and the food is the best I have ever had , so once again ...opinions are like rectums ....everybodys got one

mnlakes56
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mnlakes56 » Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:17 am

Xactly........here is another clown who tries to everyones travel agent and has the best way to do things

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by smitty » Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:01 am

Tip your server or bartender and you will get good service. Save the loonies and toonies only paper money is good in PV.