Club Velas Vallarta

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

2stepgal
Club Velas Vallarta

Post by 2stepgal » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:10 pm

has anyone stayed here and can you tell me if it is nice? is it close to shops, restaurants, etc.?? i think it is in the marina area? 2stepgal

canadian ladies

Re:Club Velas Vallarta

Post by canadian ladies » Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:17 am

The hotel is really nice. However, you are not that close to downtown where the nightlife is. You can catch a bus pretty close that goes downtown or just take a taxi. It is not expensive at all. The hotel is really nice and the view is amazing!!

barbarah
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by barbarah » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:55 pm

2step. Just returned from Velas Vallarta (marina) on 11/14. This place is fabulous! Three pools (tranquil, kiddy and activity) with a canal that takes you from one to another. The two larger pools are only 4 feet deep so you can walk from one to another. Ready to book for '04

mikeneubauer
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by mikeneubauer » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:44 am

Hi
Sure hope it is a nice place as we are going in Feb./04. Are you going 2stepgal???

2stepgal

Post by 2stepgal » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:53 am

i am thinking of going in april/may of 2004. i thought i read something aout it being an inclusive which means you have to eat there????? that i do not want. i love exploring new restaurants and will most likely find myself downtown alot??? know anything about that? 2stepgal

barbarah
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by barbarah » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:17 pm

Selection of AI is not mandatory.

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:25 pm

Have been going there for 5 years. We do not take the AI. However, if you have a day that you are tired, eating at Andreas's is as good a place as anywhere in PV. It is a 5 star.