Lindo Mar Resort

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

teacher
Lindo Mar Resort

Post by teacher » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:27 am

I am coming to Puerto Vallarta July 29th and am wondering how the Lindo Mar Resort and Costa Vida Vallarta are? How far are they from each other and which one is better?

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:Lindo Mar Resort

Post by randyintucson » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:45 pm

I have stayed at both resorts and recommend them both. They are fairly close to each other south of downtown. Costa Vida doesn't have much of a beach, but does have a nice pool. Lindo Mar doesn't have much of a pool, but the beach is a little better, although not great. Views from the rooms are terrific at both resorts. The restaurant at Lindo Mar has as good a view as you will find. The people who work at Costa Vida are the friendliest I have encountered in PV. No timeshare BS at either place. You can't go wrong with either one.

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:45 pm

I have stayed at both resorts and recommend them both. They are fairly close to each other south of downtown. Costa Vida doesn't have much of a beach, but does have a nice pool. Lindo Mar doesn't have much of a pool, but the beach is a little better, although not great. Views from the rooms are terrific at both resorts. The restaurant at Lindo Mar has as good a view as you will find. The people who work at Costa Vida are the friendliest I have encountered in PV. No timeshare BS at either place. You can't go wrong with either one.

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:10 pm

Sorry again, everybody. I have no idea how I am double posting. Actually, a couple of other thoughts on these resorts. Rooms at LIndo Mar have really nice, spacious ocean view balconies, while my unit at Costa Vida had none. I visited both places during the winter, so I don't know what its like at other times of the year, but Costa Vida seemed to have a lot of regulars who go down the same time, year after year after year, and everyone knows everyone else. At Lindo Mar, there were more Mexicans than I usually see at other resorts, which I found to be a refreshing change, giving me an opportunity to practice my Spanish.

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by matt » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:08 pm

My wife and I have eaten at the Lindo Mar restaurant many times. The view is great, as Randy said in his post (...as Randy said in his post :-) ). The sandy beach area of the Lindo Mar is small (especially at high tide), but it has a certain charm with it's big boulders that extend into the bay.

bzy1

Post by bzy1 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:06 pm

Right around the corner from the Lindo Mar, (to the right when facing ocean) is an awesome beach! More sand! Nice little coves, good snorkeling.

I prefer the Lindo Mar, closer to town, you can walk it...or catch the bus right there across the street.
Trading Places has some incredible deals for Lindo Mar.

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:05 am

bzy1 (Jul 22, 2004 06:06 p.m.):
Right around the corner from the Lindo Mar, (to the right when facing ocean) is an awesome beach! More sand! Nice little coves, good snorkeling.

I prefer the Lindo Mar, closer to town, you can walk it...or catch the bus right there across the street.
I haven't used Trading Places for some time, but that is how I got down to Costa Vida, and it was an incredible deal.. Nice to know about the beach around the corner fro Lindo Mar, Brenda. Thanks

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:06 am

bzy1 (Jul 22, 2004 06:06 p.m.):

I haven't used Trading Places for some time, but that is how I got down to Costa Vida, and it was an incredible deal.. Nice to know about the beach around the corner fro Lindo Mar, Brenda. Thanks