Dreams PV: transistion to AI and renovations (questions)

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

bhoef
Dreams PV: transistion to AI and renovations (questions)

Post by bhoef » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:10 pm

We're thinking of going to Dreams PV in Februrary. I've read great reviews so far. I've also read they are still currently AI and ala carte, but will be phasing to all AI by December. I worry that the food won't be as good once they go all AI. I've also heard the drinks are top shelf (bottled beer and name brand alcoohol), and I worry that may stop once they're all AI. Anyone have any inside info? Also, does anyone know if there is any renovation or construction planned that might affect a Feb 2005 stay there?

bzy1inpv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:Dreams PV: transistion to AI and renovations (questions)

Post by bzy1inpv » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:22 am

Considering how much their rates go up after mid- December, I would assume the quality will remain the same, if not better.
Their concept is to be a gran tourismo All Inclusive, similar to the Grand Velas in Nuevo, which is known for swanky restaurants, luxury accommodations, good brands of liquor and top notch service.

Not all ALL Inlusives are the same, they can range from three star to over five star.... so what you get is usually what you pay for.

GEGLUCK

Post by GEGLUCK » Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:19 am

bhoef (Sep 03, 2004 02:10 p.m.):
We're thinking of going to Dreams PV in Februrary. I've read great reviews so far. I've also read they are still currently AI and ala carte, but will be phasing to all AI by December. I worry that the food won't be as good once they go all AI. I've also heard the drinks are top shelf (bottled beer and name brand alcoohol), and I worry that may stop once they're all AI. Anyone have any inside info? Also, does anyone know if there is any renovation or construction planned that might affect a Feb 2005 stay there?
According to their management, renovations are being made to the rooms, restaurants, building a spa. They are to be completed in December.

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rossk » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:36 pm

bhoef (Sep 03, 2004 02:10 p.m.):
I posted today with what I know right now, late September. We're staying in a Club Jacuzzi room Oct 16-23, and I'll post when we return, with pics of the new rooms and the grounds.

Winter is high season, so I doubt there will be much construction going on. The rooms will be finished, though I think I saw somewhere that they were adding some more restaurants at some point.

Ross

gegluck
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by gegluck » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:16 pm

I sent an e-mail direct to AM Resorts questioning the renovations regarding the club tower. They are not able to give specifics, but said that renovations should be done in December. I booked through Apple. Here is their direct quote:

"I do not an exact date as to when the club tower will be completed however it will be completed in December. If the club tower is not completed for your travel you will be put in the main tower, the difference in rate will be refunded and you be issued a three night complimentary return stay certificate. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon. "

Hope this helps!

travelone

Post by travelone » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:53 pm

We just returned on 10/6. Had a great time. From what I can see, I do think the Club tower will be completed by December. They were working on all the rooms at the same time. I think I saw them polishing the floors, and we even snuck into the lobby of the main tower. It seemed like they were having a convention there--a convention room was set up with about 150 chairs and there were some display tables set up. I heard that they were building another restaurant and a pool on the premises. Sounds like Ross will be returning on Saturday. He'll be able to give more details. I promised to write a review of the place. I'll try to get going on that.

My opinion: I was never booked in the club tower. I knew what the rooms in the main tower were going to look like so I wasn't disappointed. If I were you, I would pray that they stick me in the main tower and get the 3 days future use of the resort. That's a win-win. The main tower was older, and not fancy, but it was neat and clean and well-maintained. I'll post my complete review soon.

travelone

Post by travelone » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:54 pm

I mean we snuck into the club tower.... Sorry

gegluck
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by gegluck » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:54 pm

Gary from C-Bus (Oct 18, 2004 11:16 a.m.):
I sent an e-mail direct to AM Resorts questioning the renovations regarding the club tower. They are not able to give specifics, but said that renovations should be done in December. I booked through Apple. Here is their direct quote:

"I do not an exact date as to when the club tower will be completed however it will be completed in December. If the club tower is not completed for your travel you will be put in the main tower, the difference in rate will be refunded and you be issued a three night complimentary return stay certificate. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon. "

Hope this helps!
By the way, If booking through Apple or Dreams directly, you would probably get refunded since AM Resorts is affiliated with Apple. If you travel through other means, this might not apply. I would check first!