Qualton

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

driemer
Qualton

Post by driemer » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:50 pm

Has anyone been to the Qualton Hotel lately? We are going there in 8 weeks. I know we will have a good time because it is Puerto Vallarta, you can't go there and not have a good time. This is our first time going to this hotel though, so any comments from someone who has been there recently will be greatly appreciated!

stacey
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re:Qualton

Post by stacey » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:42 pm

I stayed there for 2 weeks in March 2004. I quite liked it. I have been to PV many times and stayed in many different hotels. I wouldn't say it is the BEST one I have stayed in, but not the worst either. It was clean and confortable - what more do you need? Staff was great and nothing wrong with the food! I only went to one of the a la carte restaurants (the once upstaris beside the lobby bar - don't remember the name) and to be quite honest, I wouldn't waste my time on it. I would say it was only OK. For a la carte I would much rather go in to town and have dinner.

I had heard complaints about there not being enough room around the pool and it being impossible to get a chair at the pool or beach. Not the case. I was always able to find something by the pool (but admitedly the later you get there the more difficult it becomes...you might just need to do some chair jockeying) and as for the beach - if there were no chairs, there is a guy that works on the beach for the hotel and all you have to do is ask and he will go in the little hut and get you what you need.

We found the service to be great. They have a server who comes around on the beach and takes your drink orders. A little tipping there went a long way!!!!

If you have any other questions just ask!

Stacey