Villa Del Palma

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

RCB
Villa Del Palma

Post by RCB » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:03 am

Watch out, this hotel is a rip off. The service is terrible. The hidden fee's will get you.

todd_p

Re:Villa Del Palma

Post by todd_p » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:23 pm

What hidden fees are you speaking off?

Katnsocal

Post by Katnsocal » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:14 am

Yes, tell us what Hidden Fees? I have never had any Hidden Fees charged?

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:40 pm

I know the fee he is talking about. They tried to add I think about 20% to my bill at checkout and when I asked what this was they said it was a gratuity charge but I just told them there was no way I was paying that because I had tipped every day and they just took it off my bill no more questions asked. Now this happen back in Apr 2003 so when I returned in Apr 2004 expecting the same thing to happen it did not. There was no extra charge on my bill. I don't know what they are up to but something is up because I read the same thing on another board.

susana

Post by susana » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:05 pm

I have a gullible and naive but very dear friend who is the proud owner of a timeshare here. It has been nothing but trouble and she can't unload it.

katnsocal

Post by katnsocal » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:15 am

The 20% you are talking about is on the paperwork they give you when you check in. They say it is for the staff that works there that are not usually tipped, ie: gardners, laundry, but I noticed they included the maids too. They state right on the paper if you want it taken off your bill at check out to let them know.

They also make you put everything on your room bill now and pay for it at check out. Maybe it keeps the bookkeeping easier or makes the register balance each day. That information is on those same papers. Bottom line they are NOT hidden fees and they are not mandatory. We just don't read the paperwork they give us on check-in.

PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by 654321k » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:05 am

Katnsocal is correct. I have been going there twice a year for 12 years and have never been subjected to "hidden charges." The check in paper work tells you about the charge and also states that if you don't want to pay it to let the front desk know the night before you check out and it will be removed from the bill. We have never paid it, nor have any of the people we know. You don't have to charge everything to your room they will also take credit csrds. I have heard tat they started to do this to help keep the staff "honest."