Condominios Playa del Sol

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

beach_girl13
Condominios Playa del Sol

Post by beach_girl13 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:17 am

Anyone know anything about this hotel? What's the beach like?

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:Condominios Playa del Sol

Post by randyintucson » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:51 am

Playa del Sol is on Los Muertos beach, an ok beach for swimming and a great beach for people watching. You will be a short walk to plenty of good restaurants, bars, shopping, etc.

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:52 am

Playa del Sol is on Los Muertos beach, an ok beach for swimming and a great beach for people watching. You will be a short walk to plenty of good restaurants, bars, shopping, etc.

ajstanger
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by ajstanger » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:32 pm

We stayed there two years ago because a friend has time share there. The beach is excellant compared to the northern end of the bay. More beach and it doesn't get as deep as fast and better waves. We had fun boogie boarding and bodysurfing there. The last person said a great place to people watch. Next door is the resort "Blue Chairs" which is a gay resort. Now I don't want anyone slamming me on this because I mentioned it. We had no problems what soever with any of them and they kept to themselves. I just think that it needs mentioning because there may be children involved with the guests. I wouldn't mind bringing my 14 year old son but I would most definetly not bring my 7 year old son. Besides, from what I have heard, they have an excellat restaurant there.

We would sit under the palapa's and buy buckets of cervesa's all day. I think Los Muerto's beach is very nice. They also have a restroom right there on the beach that you need your key to use.

The resort it self is quieter than most of the other resorts from what I hear. It is a bit of a walk to the Malecon but we did it a few times. We even walked to Pipi's for dinner and back. Security is pretty tight at the resort also.

The concierge is a very cute blond gal from the US. Her name has left me but not her beauty.

No worries there either.

Have fun,
Tony

beach_girl13

Post by beach_girl13 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:54 am

How far of a walk is it from "restuarant row"? I have stayed in Nuevo a couple of times...really liked the beach there, I have stayed at Villa Del Palmar and didn't use the beach at all! Does teh hotel have boogie boards to rent or is it byob ha ha ha bring your own board!

ajstanger
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by ajstanger » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:26 am

PDS does not rent boogie boards. We bought one at the grocery store in town that has an upstairs (Gigante?). When we came home we put it on the plane with our luggage. It came home a bit damaged from the luggage handlers but our boys played with it for two summers in our pool before I finally tossed it out this past fall (waterlogged).

It's not too far of a walk to restaurant row I think but I guess it depends on how much you walk. Last year we stayed at Los Palmas on the northern part of the bay. We walked all the way (by beach) to PDS and snapped a picture and walked back. We did that on our first day.

I think if you walk toward the pier there are a couple places on the beach that will rent a boogie board. I figured buying one and using it all week was a better deal even if you give it to a kid when you leave.

Adios,
Tony

bzy1inpv

Post by bzy1inpv » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:17 am

The beach at Playa del Sol is deeper than in Nuevo and has a closer break to the beach. I boogie board in Nuevo and Destiladeras, but not at Los Muertos.

Restaurant row is about 8 or nine blocks, an easy walk!

There is boogie board rentals and inner-tube rentals at Los Muertos beach.
You are staying in one of the best areas in town! Enjoy!